Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread
I don't think i'm good with spreads but here's some info that you may need to watch out for (some of these may be old news to some of you guys):

Most usual mons i see is Pdon+Xern+MKang+supports.

I see Dark Void/Fakeout Lead with Geomancy Power Herb Xerneas a lot, a LOT. So taunt is really needed in this meta. Some run HP fire/ground xerneas for the steel type counters.
[Image: 9c40096b392296e8d7fd7af2ce40f33596565421...f87fa9.jpg]

Fast physical Kang (bulky ones are laughable with the op attacks) with inner focus (for fakeouts). Prediction is what wins you in Kang mirror leads. Will they fakeout? Then don't mega just yet. Will they go on attack you with low kick/drain punch? Will they mega? some of the things to consider
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I run fast physical sweeper PDon but still use eruption instead of fire punch, just to let my opponent think i have special since physical is more used (not that it's an effective mind game tbh). But some special Groudon took me by surprise so i know have to be prepared for them. Pdon with speed control is a beast. Prediction game is fun in this meta but still I like 2014 more.
[Image: 39e3447e511e1eb3708985bc7c72de62d3a1dc31...5c5da0.jpg]

SUPPORTS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
Ferrothorn is getting a lot of love, due to Xerneas and Kyogre running around. It also has that annoying leech seed+leftovers, so you need something to check it. Power whip and Gyro ball are awesome STABs. Iron barbs is a little useful against fight type attackers too. Most give it a SpD bulk to survive eruption/flamethrowers. Whatever you do, don't switch it in when there's a potential eruption coming.

Thundurus is getting rekt so some give them sash. It has the prankster+taunt to stop mons from setting up. Immune to precipice blades and can hit thunder in heavy rain, too.
[Image: 642___thundurus_by_winter_freak-d4my57u.png]

Moody smeargle as always is a pain, but lead him with Xerneas it levels up the annoyance to eleven. Who should i taunt? Dark void Smeargle or Geomancy Xerneas? some Smeargles have fakeouts, too, so keep that in mind. Usually this freak also runs transform so good luck fighting two geomancied Xerneases. It also has spiky shield so don't be too obvious on your fakeouts. Good thing it isn't that fast without a scarf so you can go hit that painter to shreds, but take note that some give it sash. At least, if you have a priority or faster taunter you can prevent it from using dark void, but then again...Mental herb. Darn this mon is so annoying. It doesn't help that it has the moody ability, too.

Cresselia is crazy good with levitate, trick room, helping hand, but mostly skill swap. It can give Pogre/Pdon levitate for ground type attacks, or reactivate the weather. It has lum or mental herb for taunts and Dvoids. Can't remember if it was cresselia that used magic coat in my previous match but it ruins taunt/dvoid users. It also has gravity, iirc. Man, this one is good.
[Image: mqdefault.jpg]

Liepard Prankster Swagger+Foul play, fakeout, Taunt, encore, thunder wave, crazy fast. nuf said.
[Image: ffab98abbfaf7eae139b92c7f16e5223.jpg]

Crobat has QUICK GUARD! Remember that. now what else; it has taunt to stop you from setting up, even w/o prankster, this bat is crazy fast; it has super fang like 2014 champ pachirisu; tailwind for support; and it's immune to precipice blades.
[Image: b0012f3eb12e0c122c34e8617f30eed57671771a...097f_3.jpg]
(It's a moustache)

Talonflame is back with a vengeance. Priority bravebird, whirlwind, has taunt too, uhm not really familiar with this bird, but i feel it's presence.
[Image: d8104ef8f3fde09b8fab8bf195674b4e420f580e...d599_1.jpg]

PS: I want to show some calcs but don't know how to, so sorry for that. I'm still a noob just sharing from what i see in showdown, so please correct me if i'm wrong. There're more mons to watch out for (Yveltal, Kyogre, Mray, Mence, Palkia, Dialga, Ho-oh) but some people may explain them better

Edit:Most Kyogres i saw have Ice beam, origin pulse, water spout, protect
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Messages In This Thread
Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by Rogue - Dec 10, 2015, 01:26 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by Slec - Dec 14, 2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by Rogue - Jan 17, 2016, 02:01 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by jouzea - Jan 10, 2016, 12:59 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by Rogue - Jan 17, 2016, 01:57 AM