Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] My first team
I'd recommend you follow the guidelines and provide further explanation on the sets before we continue to rate the team further. That said, here's some of my opinions just by first glance.

1) Give a definite set for Mega Mawile: Unless you are said in the set explanation whether or not which move to run is better, can't say much about the Pokemon. I know this is meant for a Trick Room team as mentioned, but kinda want to know the set you are using. Overall the Mega Mawile as a Pokemon works fine with the team composition since it needs Trick Room to get off those attacks and you have good partners in Goth and Jellicent to do so.

2) Change Water Spout to Scald: The thing about this Jellicent set is won't be dealing much damage with Water Spout the more damaged it gets later in the battle. I know you have Recover to replenish HP, but your opponent might pin Jellicent down to the point where it can't setup Trick Room, or naturally wall certain Pokemon like Mega Kangaskhan or Landorus-T. Scald gives you a better STAB utility with the chance to burn physical targets.

3) Protect over Bulk Up: Not going to change the Flame Orb Conkeldurr set, but consider having Protect to at least get the Burn status. Honestly, I think an AV set would work for Conk with Guts as it kinda needs both Ice Punch and Knock Off to deal with the Genies (Landorus-T/Thundurus/Aegislash), and take special hits better.

4) Consider Mental Herb: Thing about this team is that it relies heavy on Trick Room setup to work. Mental Herb allows you to at least get one Trick Room if the opponent goes for Taunt so its a wasted turn on their side.

5) Have a counter to Amoonguss: Yes I know you have Rotom-H to Overheat the Amoonguss and GOthitelle with Psychic STAB to threaten it, but it can be rather annoying to deal with in Trick Room especially getting to fast Spores.

6) 6th Slot?: Well I'm not entirely sure about a good 6th slot for your team, but a good Dark-type like Hydreigon and Tyranitar can help deal with ghost-types and opposing weather. Amoonguss is another choose if to help setup Trick Room and gives you a good core between Rotom-H and Jellicent for defensive synergy, though it make the team slower. Its honestly up to preference.

So that's mostly all I got to say about the team. Feel free to provide set explanations in a revised version so we can thoroughly rate/review it.

Messages In This Thread
My first team - by shinybluebird - Oct 23, 2016, 11:03 PM
RE: My first team - by croissant - Oct 24, 2016, 05:06 AM
RE: My first team - by shinybluebird - Oct 24, 2016, 08:44 AM
RE: My first team - by Feax - Oct 24, 2016, 08:09 AM
RE: My first team - by shinybluebird - Oct 24, 2016, 09:08 AM
RE: My first team - by Johnnyspyguy - Oct 30, 2016, 02:57 PM
RE: My first team - by Black117 - Oct 31, 2016, 05:04 AM
RE: My first team - by TheDancingRoserade - Oct 31, 2016, 07:59 AM
RE: My first team - by w2gMk - Oct 31, 2016, 11:39 AM
RE: My first team - by TheDancingRoserade - Oct 31, 2016, 11:47 AM