Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

2015 VGC RMT (Needs major improvements)
Hey guys,
    I decided that for the first time this year I would try out VGC 2015. I have lots of experience with Smogon Singles, but I am new to doubles and could use some help with my team. I wanted to make the team around Bisharp. He is one of my favorite pokemon, and he counters Cresselia extremely well.

Bisharp @Life Orb
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Adamant/Defiant
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Protect

Absolute monster. Shuts down Gothitelle, Cresselia, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Gengar, and even more.

Lopunny @Lopunnite
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Jolly/Limber+Scrappy
-Fake Out
-Ice Punch
-High Jump Kick
-Return

I could probably use another mega here. I brought in Mega Lopunny to counter Mega Kang, but I feel like there are much better metas out there. I do not want to use Kang because I absolutely hate him, and I do not want to use Mawile either. I was thinking of using a lead Hitmontop with Quick Guard/ Wide Guard, Protect, Fake Out, and Close Combat, but I am not so sure what I would then do with my mega slot. Any suggestions?

Suicune @Rocky Helmet
252 HP, 104 Def, 60 SpD, 92 SpA
Modest/Pressure
-Scald
-Icy Wind
-Snarl
-Protect

I am not so sure about this Suicune. I would like to try and find a replacement for it but I have no idea what I should do.

Aegislash @Weakness Policy
252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Def
Quiet/Stance Change
-Flash Cannon
-Shadow Ball
-Wide Guard
-King's Shield

Aegislash allows for important Wide Guard support as well as a huge threat to fairies, psychics, and more.

SE JUN (Pachirisu) @Sitrus Berry
252 HP, 164 Def, 92 SpD
Impish/ Volt Absorb
-Nuzzle
-Super Fang
-Follow Me
-Protect

Here is another one I am unsure about. I need another support pokemon (possibly Raichu?) and I just kinda threw this in at the last second.

Mamoswine @Choice Scarf
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Icicle Crash
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Superpower

I used this set mostly to counter mega Salamence. The problem is that he shares similar weaknesses with Bisharp, and they happen to be some of the most common types in VGC.

Usually, I lead with Lopunny and Bisharp. Bisharp gets Defiant boost, Lopunny fakes out, and Ice Punch shuts down many leads.

I would love to see some feedback on this team. The only pokemon I am one hundred percent sure about keeping is Bisharp, and I need a good supporting cast with him as well as a good mega that IS NOT Kangaskhan or Mence.

Thanks,
AlmightyKevbo

Messages In This Thread
2015 VGC RMT (Needs major improvements) - by AlmightyKevbo - Dec 31, 2014, 05:31 PM