Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] List all generations according to your liking
@PerchPond 

Oh, oh! I want in, pick me pick me!

I actually have a whole post planned on this, but a little teaser can't hurt. My order will be least favorite to most favorite. Keep in mind I like ALL generations, so it's really just a matter of which one I like the least.

7) Gen 2 - Johto
Sorry, @Kris. I have the fewest memories in Johto. I barely played any of the Gen 2 games, so it's easily the generation I'm attached to the least.

6) Gen 6 - Kalos
It's surprising how empty a generation can feel despite being so full of stuff. Looking back on it, Kalos was good for a one-time experience. I haven't gone back to it at all.

5) Gen 1 - Kanto
While not my first Pokémon games, they certainly left an impression on me. Kanto was a fun adventure with good characters and a satisfying conclusion.

4) Gen 4 - Sinnoh
One of my favorite generations, Sinnoh felt larger than it actually was on my first playthrough. I also remember discovering the Gible cave by complete accident. The Elite Four was actually tough, and the post game was well-stacked.

3) Gen 3 - Hoenn
As a proud Hoennbaby, Gen 3 holds the distinction of being my first Pokémon generation. The characters, for me at least, are nostalgic. And Pokémon is surprisingly tough the first time you play. I'll always love Hoenn.

3.1) Gen 3 - Orre
Gotta mention easily the most mature Pokémon protagonist. Orre packed an engaging story, diverse characters, and arguably the biggest difficulty curve of any Pokémon game.

2) Gen 5 - Unova
A Genwunner I ain't, so I'm going to give Gen 5 the praise it deserves. Great pokémon to choose from, awesome cast, and a mixed landscape just shifting enough to keep you trekking forward into the next difficulty spike.

1) Gen 7 - Alola
Pokémon stepped up their game with the seventh generation, and while they may not be the BEST games in the series, the story was engaging, the characters are memorable, and it's nice to see aspects of all the other regions come together in Alola. Not to mention the selection of new pokémon and Alolan forms was awesome. I literally almost used one of each my first playthrough because I couldn't choose between them.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
RE: List all generations according to your liking - by 0kamii - Nov 7, 2017, 06:46 AM