Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Competitive Pokemon Guide/Advice/Tutorial for Transitioning eSports Players?
Competive Pokemon battling is one of those games which you aren't gonna understand everything Day 1 but that's understandable. There are ton of things to cover in Pokemon like type coverage, resistances, Evs, Ivs, natures, items, abilities, and even the individual Pokemon (and Megas themselves. Likewise certain Pokemon roles in VGC doubles (I assume you're asking about this) are interhangable but remember there are stark differences how the Pokemon are meant to run. One example of this are running Bulky water Pokemon like either say Rotom-W or Suicune. Differences are Rotom-W are tend to be utility based and used as pivots against Pokemon like Landorus-T, Heatran, and most importantly Talonflame. Likewise most Rotom-A will carry Will-o-Wisp to cut physical attacks power in half or just have residual damage. Suicune had been used lately because it offers speed control in the form or either Tailwind or Icy Wind. Team composition is essential in VGC as you need to provide as much type coverage as well as type resistence as possible. Again If you want to use Garchomp/Landorus-T, your definately gonna have a levitate or Flying Pokemon to avoid hurting your allied Pokemon.

As far as strategies are concern, the 2015 VGC Metagame is largely dependent on speed control stylized with bulky offensive. Expect to see things like Icy Wind Gengar, Trick Room Cresselia, Prankster Thunder Wave from Thundurus-I, Tailwind from Suicune, or even some uncommon strategies you'll encounter. My best advice to you is to research on Nugget Bridge about speed tiers, winning Top Cut teams, and misty importantly, the Pokemon themselves. That's all I have to say for now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Competitive Pokemon Guide/Advice/Tutorial for Transitioning eSports Players? - by Black117 - Feb 20, 2015, 10:38 AM