Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Can evs compensate for bad nature?
I would go for bold. I'll do my best to explain this, so bare with me.

A bold nature Suicune at level 50 (assuming defense IV's are 31, and you have no EV's) will put it's defense at 148.
Now, if you wanted to get 148 defense without bold nature: You'd have to dump an even amount of 100 EV's into your defense. Now as you can already see, you're almost cutting your EV potential in half just by running modest. Not to mention this cuts down the EV's you have lest to put in important stats such as HP.

To maximize Suicune's power in VGC, you really want to focus on it's bulk. With access to things like Tailwind, Icy Wind, Snarl, or even less conventional things such as swagger: You really want it to be on the field for a while.

Granted, you /could/ make an offensive Suicune, but it's special attack and speed are so "meh" that there are better options out there.

If you were running a standard set of snarl, tailwind, icy wind, and ice beam: I think it'd be best to run Bold for a few reasons. 1 being: You will always 2HKO things like mega Salamence, Landorus, Garchomp, and /MOST/ Thundurus out there with no special attack investment while being Bold. If you were Modest, and didn't invest a lot into special attack: You'd still 2HKO bulky variants of these mons. Of course there are weird scenarios where Modest would be more in your favor. Like if they're running max HP/SPD with an assault vest.... But I don't think I need to touch on that.

TLDR; Suicune is best used as a bulky support and not an offensive attacker. There are better suited pokemon out there for offensive attacking that have a better move pool, while still having good bulk. Of course the decision is ultimately yours, but Bold is, and always will be an amazing nature for Suicune and will allow you to be more free with your EV's.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by zephorous - Feb 21, 2015, 09:26 AM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by GiMYz - Feb 21, 2015, 02:58 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by Rogue - Feb 21, 2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by GiMYz - Feb 21, 2015, 06:11 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by Rogue - Feb 21, 2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by tygaa2 - Feb 21, 2015, 09:13 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by Rogue - Feb 21, 2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by tygaa2 - Feb 21, 2015, 10:31 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by Rogue - Feb 22, 2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by GiMYz - Feb 22, 2015, 06:26 AM