Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Can evs compensate for bad nature?
I'm confused here... The most used nature on Politoed is either Calm, Sassy, or Bold. Mostly Calm/Bold. And a lot of people run Jolly Mega Kang, it's arguably the most effective and almost every top player runs it to outspeed/speed tie other Kangs. Also, Calm Thundurus is also very common? I mean, even Cybertron runs Calm thundurus...So not sure what you mean there by saying they would be a waste?

Anywho, the entire meta is predictable, and there's nothing wrong with that. No one is running impish mega kang, bisharp, etc. They're running adamant. More than likely with a lot of speed and attack. Does that all the sudden make them bad? Not at all, they're the most used.

It's also kinda silly to show me things that you can OHKO, that only have 4 HP. Bisharp? Sure. But Bulky Lando, M-Mence, and even Garchomp (people even ran bulky chomp in 14) are very alive. Not to mention AV Lando is an actual threat, ontop of Lando/Chomp running a yache berry is another possibility. There's too many things that can get in the way and make your modest nature with investment useless because of their item/invested bulk. If Chomp/Lando had yache berry, BOTH sets would still 2HKO. If Lando had AV, BOTH sets would still 2HKO.

I also take offense to you saying that you using a modest nature Suicune "acheives more goals" than what everyone has been using. All of these national winners the past years who used Bold/Calm Suicune, were apparently doing it wrong by not running Modest.
It also confuses me how you say you don't want your pokemon to be on the field forever? So you want it to faint?

You can't always bring your intimidate user. Are you gonna bring it when they have Milotic and Bisharp on their team? Of course not.

I wouldn't have had to dug so deep into this if this was just a simple debate, but I don't want the person who made this thread that want's advice to get better just assume Modest Suicune is the best.

Bold/Calm Suicune has been relevant for years and always will be. I have no doubt that it works well on randoms on battle spot/PS, but I have always run Bold Suicune in tournaments and I've never wished it was Modest.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by zephorous - Feb 21, 2015, 09:26 AM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by GiMYz - Feb 21, 2015, 02:58 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by Rogue - Feb 21, 2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by GiMYz - Feb 21, 2015, 06:11 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by Rogue - Feb 21, 2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by tygaa2 - Feb 21, 2015, 09:13 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by Rogue - Feb 21, 2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by tygaa2 - Feb 21, 2015, 10:31 PM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by Rogue - Feb 22, 2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Can evs compensate for bad nature? - by GiMYz - Feb 22, 2015, 06:26 AM