Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] No.1!
(Feb 22, 2015, 01:29 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Feb 22, 2015, 01:20 PM)Crozz Wrote: Freeze-dry is just a better version of icebeam

I'm not really sure that I agree with this. Freeze-Dry has a base power of 70, whereas Ice Beam has a base power of 90. Both feature 100% accuracy with a 10% chance to freeze the target. The only advantage Freeze-Dry has is extra PP and super effective damage on water types.

I'm also a little concerned about running Tailwind and Trick Room on the same team. They counteract each other. The most effective Trick Room team has as little speed investment as possible, with -Speed natures and 0 speed IVs. Tailwind doubles your party's speed, so to maximize its potential, you'd want to run +speed with 31 speed IVs to ensure that you can still actually outspeed your opponent.

the reason i consider freeze-Dry a better version of icebeam is because being supper effective vs water types. this in very nice in the fact that it can hit Suicune, and Rotom-W for super, and Ludicolo and Gastrodon for x4
for the exhange of 20 points of damage to make an ice type move do x4 as much damage in match ups vs water types, i think this is a very good trade, but i will admit, it is better to have ice beam if you already do x2 damage

having tailwind and trick room is a bit of the gimmick of the team
if the other team has faster pokemon, i can go with one of the other depending on the match up (will most of the time go with tale wind), if they have a tail wind, i can go with trick room, if they have a trick room i can use mine to cancel theirs and/or i can use my mawile to capitalize on having trick room out, with out having to rely on there trick room.

Messages In This Thread
No.1! - by Crozz - Feb 22, 2015, 01:20 PM
RE: No.1! - by Crozz - Feb 22, 2015, 03:18 PM
RE: No.1! - by z2porygon - Feb 22, 2015, 03:18 PM
RE: No.1! - by Marcusube - Feb 22, 2015, 03:25 PM
RE: No.1! - by Crozz - Feb 22, 2015, 11:13 PM
RE: No.1! - by Marcusube - Feb 23, 2015, 06:55 PM