Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Trick Room v1(My first VGC team ever)
Your team will needs a bit of offensive pressure considering you only have 4 turns of Trick Room to utilize. I presume you'll try to make Mega Steelix work under sand with Tyranitar support so here are my own suggestions.

1) Give Mental Herb to Slowking considering this is your only Trick Room user which can tip your opponents immediately. Another thing to consider is to give your team Protect just to help scout and prevent double targeting. In sum, remove Thrash, Toxic, and Stealth rocks for Protect.

2) Your team is a bit weak against water types so you might want to consider having Gastrodon/Jellecient just to absorb those attacks with their reapective abilities. Now I mentioned both as recommendations but consider the two differences between the two Pokmon. Gastrodon gives your team full immunity to water provided that it's stays on the field as long as possible. Jellicent on the other hand offers your team with another trick room user as well as a immunity to Normal, Fighitng, or even Water type attacks. If you want, Cursed Body is an interesting option to play around with as most Pokemon tend to have at least one coverage attack and having that reparative move get randomly disabled can be a huge momentum shift. Best part is it even effects enemy spears damage as well.

3) Honestly Pyroar won't contribute much considering it needs a ton of support for it to work and using it with Trick Room isn't optimal. If you are looking for a decent Fire Pokemon, Arcanine can offer a ton of support with Intimidates and support sets. Most Arcanines I have seen use Overheat/Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Snarl, and Morning Sun/Protect are some of the common moveslots. Anyways hopefully you find this helpful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trick Room v1(My first VGC team ever) - by Black117 - Feb 23, 2015, 12:00 PM