Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How Crucial are Mega Evolutions to Competitive Success?
Hello, everyone!

I had received so much helpful information the last time that I posted here (regarding shifting from previous eSports to trying out the competitive side of Pokémon for a change), that I wanted to gather some thoughts on something that I have yet to formulate my own definitive opinion on as I've been learning.

I know that this most recent generation of Pokémon switched things up by throwing in Mega Evolutions, but I am having a difficult time determining whether these are more of a gimmick and a way to seemingly add depth to competitive battling, or if they actually are a game-breaking inclusion (or exclusion, for those who opt not to use them).

I'm not seeking a debate on whether or not people enjoy the new Megas so much as I'm interested in how they actually do (or do not) make a significant difference in terms of competitive success. Is it truly necessary to have a Mega in each of your lineups? Could they be considered just another evolution level or are they actually more than that? If they are important, does that importance vary depending on what type of battles you're doing (i.e. singles, doubles, triples)?

Thank you for any and all thoughts on this matter. I personally find the aesthetics of some of the Megas to be incredible, but I can't tell if there's much more substance to them than that, outside of a few stat buffs and Ability changes.

xx

Messages In This Thread
How Crucial are Mega Evolutions to Competitive Success? - by iflytoohigh - Mar 15, 2015, 11:31 AM