Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How Crucial are Mega Evolutions to Competitive Success?
(Mar 16, 2015, 01:11 AM)Maddie Wrote:
(Mar 16, 2015, 12:21 AM)GMX Wrote: Megas also offer a simple win condition: if you kill the counters to your Mega, at this point you have something that your opponent can't really touch.

This is a statement that refers to all sweepers mega or not. For instance, if you are found without a counter on their team to your sweepers, you can win. Regardless if your sweeper is mega or not.
Personally I do not find them necessary at all and I've battled in double and brought my mega about 1/10 or 15 battles. It not because this mega doesn't work in my team, because he does. Its just overall there are better sweepers in my team based on the situations.
I believe they're more personal preference.

You're right, but there's a difference in bulk between Mega sweepers and non-Mega. It's all based on the situations but i would always set up a comfortable position for my Mega (if possible) instead of relying on something else which would fall down after the first misplay (such as Bisharp). Howewer there are pokemon on which you can set up a good win condition too, such as Heatran or Rotom-W thanks to their unique typing.

I'm not trying to suggest to use 5 supports around a Mega, i just want to say that they should have a specific EV spread for a specific role in a team so that you are not afraid to bring your Mega in a battle, because there are 3 pokemons which can make some work to give you a favorable match up anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Crucial are Mega Evolutions to Competitive Success? - by GiMYz - Mar 16, 2015, 03:13 AM