Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Gliding in the Rain!
(Mar 20, 2015, 02:15 AM)GMX Wrote: Solid team with some great unusual EV spreads. Choice Scarf Heatran seems scary, does he really work so well? The one move restriction seems so limiting for a pokemon like Heatran which often likes to switch move on the field.

I only have 2 suggestions for your team: Fake Out on Ludicolo (against Mental Herb Trick Room setters or to break Focus Sashes or to help you to set up another Tailwind more easily in mid/late game) and Chople Berry on Hydreigon, which is usually the target of Fighting type moves (why are you afraid of Dragons when you have M-Mawile and 2 Ice Beams in your team :D)

I'll try to address these points one by one.

1) I really like the idea of using Heatran in this team since I can potentially bluff my opponent whether or not I have rain. My opponents might be incline to bring their Grass or Electric Pokemon which Heatran can handle with the appropriate moves. While I was incline to have Talonflame take Heatran's spot, I knew I'd still be considerable weak to Fire type pokemon/moves even if I don't bring the rain or I'm fighting against Charizard Y. Heatran easily provides these type synergy I need to block out any Pokemon that can counteract against rain.

People usually don't expect Choice Scarf Heatran at all honestly. With this simple EV spread, modest Heatran is able to outspeed a positive speed Greninja. Most of the time, I tend to leave out Heatran reserved in the back only after its one of my last revealed pokemon or my rain option is gone. Heatran can easily pick off any weaken foes as long as I didn't reveal I'm scarfed or my opponent has a favorable battlefield condition. Of course I have to play with the fact I'm gonna lock mysef into an attack but granted I can take down one Pokemon with him

2) I might as well try out Fake Out for my Ludicolo to give myself time to setup Tailwind. My only problem with Fake Out is how I often don't go with the attack itself since I rather go for offense immediately. Though I admit Hydro Pump has that costly accuracy which can cost me the game while that Helping Hand scenario can easily be stopped with a protect (or miss).

3) Yes I'm very paranoid about losing Hydreigon to well... another Hydreigon mirror match. Honestly I feel like Hydreigon is the glue to the entire team since it's the only one that can resist Electric type moves. I think I'll switch back to a Timid Choice Specs set to hopefully outrun most of the positive 90s and neutral 100 speed tier. Plus that Helping Hand support can really nuke anything that stands against Hydreigon.

Messages In This Thread
Gliding in the Rain! - by Black117 - Mar 19, 2015, 11:05 PM
RE: Gliding in the Rain! - by tygaa2 - Mar 20, 2015, 12:51 AM
RE: Gliding in the Rain! - by GiMYz - Mar 20, 2015, 02:15 AM
RE: Gliding in the Rain! - by Black117 - Mar 20, 2015, 07:18 AM
RE: Gliding in the Rain! - by z2porygon - Mar 20, 2015, 05:00 PM
RE: Gliding in the Rain! - by GiMYz - Mar 26, 2015, 01:41 PM
RE: Gliding in the Rain! - by Black117 - Apr 17, 2015, 06:11 AM
RE: Gliding in the Rain! - by tygaa2 - Apr 17, 2015, 07:15 AM
RE: Gliding in the Rain! - by Black117 - Apr 17, 2015, 07:22 AM
RE: Gliding in the Rain! - by tygaa2 - Apr 17, 2015, 07:40 AM