Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Offense is your best defense, an analysis on my Medicham VGC'15 team
(Jun 14, 2015, 04:56 PM)Black117 Wrote: I like the defensive portion of your team considering how Zapdos, Gastrodon, and Arcanine cover their respective weaknesses well. I'll go by each Pokemon one by one.

For Mega Medicham, I think you still need to run Protect in exchange of Fake Out given how frail Medicham is. Its no Mega Kangaskhan since its doesn't have the best stellar defenses or that one weakness in general. Not saying that Mega Kangaskhan is better, but running Fake Out would leave Mega Medicham vulnerable to an attack. The STAB options are fine given how powerful Mega Medicham is with Pure Power, though for the last moveslot I'm kinda stuck between Ice Punch or Rock Slide. You don't have a way to stop Charizard Y aside from Rock Slide from Mega Medicham, though a Wide Guard user especially standard Aegislash can steamroll this team. Ice Punch can help against the Double Genie combination, though Rock Slide might be better for now.

That Whimsicott set is very interesting given how it doesn't have at least one attacking move like Moonblast for Hydreigon or Giga Drain for opposing Water types. Some of your moveslots are rather interesting, but I don't know whether you need some of them. Safeguard is interesting to completely Dark Void crap and random status here and there, but I just don't know whether you need it. Same with Worry Seed, its an interesting move to completely screw over a Pokemon in battle. Key word is 'a', since you might be able to cut Mega Kangaskhan or Sylveon damage output, but you cannot stop the other partner. As far as potential movesets are concern, maybe test out Taunt or Moonblast and see how it goes. Other interesting choices you can use are Fake Tears/Tickle and Endeavor so those are some ideas.

For Aegislash, well its interesting to run a full speed investment to get Bisharp with Sacred Sword, but I think its rather too specific of a target to deal with. Arcanine, Gastrodon, Zapdos, and Mega Medicham all threaten Bisharp while Whimscott can use Encore on either a Protect or Sucker Punch. The reason why physical Aegislash fell out of VGC is due to the amount of Intimidate pressure from Landorus-T. I'd suggest opting a Specially Mixed Set with Shadow Ball, Sacred Sword, and either between Iron Head, Flash Cannon, King's Shield, and Wide Guard.

The rest of the team I don't have much to say because they cover each other's weaknesses great. Maybe change Heat Wave for HP Ice for Zapdos, but that's a suggestion.

I get you on the Whimsicott set. I am taking out Safeguard and Worry Seed for Taunt and an offensive move seeing as how it would benefit my team more. When I played with Whimsicott there were a ton of situations where it was the last thing standing and couldn't defend itself so I had to pitifully click the forfeit button. I will opt for Giga Drain to take care of the bulky water types that threaten my team such as Gastrodon, Swampert, Rotom-W etc.

I'll opt for the mixed set with Shadow Ball, Iron Head, Sacred Sword and Kings Shield. I feel that if I run Flash Cannon I won't have an immediate response to OHKO Sylveon which is something I'm concerned with. Due to this change I also would run Weakness Policy over Life Orb seeing as I'll be getting outsped by what threatens me plus I plan to opt for a more defensive EV spread and EV my Aegislash to outspeed non invested Tyranitar by 1 point. Your thoughts?

HP Ice isn't a bad idea but I really like the pressure from Heat Wave with it being a spread move.
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offense is your best defense, an analysis on my Medicham VGC'15 team - by Marcusube - Jun 18, 2015, 06:34 AM