Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] A 1st place on showdown team report (Part 2)
This is honestly one of my favorite VGC team I've seen in a long time given the many modes this team can run. I have tried out semi-Trick Room Mega Gardevoir on Showdown around May getting me up to 1600 with a similar team except lacking the Sand Core. To be honest, I didn't like most Mega Gardevoir team then given how some relied heavily on the the team itself supporting her and the Hyper Voice sweep but you broke my opinion to shreds now. Well I honestly like this team and how it has both the TailRoom options available in case it loses the the speed control wars. Probably my favorite Pokemon on this team is that Expect Belt Tyranitar given that it can 'bluff' the scarf and can fire off fast Rock Slides in both Trick Room and Tailwind not to mention it can help win the weather wars against Politoed and Char Y. Slower Tyranitars without the Scarf are honestly the best going into the Worlds metagame which I'm excited to ladder soon. I'd honestly would try out using Assurance over Crunch given it can pair well with Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice, then again that's my opinion since you'd rather want consistence over power.

I'm certain that Landorus-I and Tyranitar teams are going to stick around for quite some time given they're both used by popular teambuilders and how well it pairs up. Landorus-I is nothing to slouch off since it can beat some of the more common Pokemon in the game like Charizard Y, Aegislash, Heatran, etc. it even has a good amount of bulk to take at least one neutral hit, but not from the likes from a Double Edge Kang and Salamence. My only complaint about Landorus-I is its lack of Sheer Force which it has to rely on Sand Force to at least have Earth Power the same power as Sheer Force variant. Landorus-I is so powerful with Sand Force that it can 2HKO Ferrothorn as well (given how very few people in VGC actually run the specially defensive Ferrothorns seen in Smogon OU).

So overall this is a fantastic team so hopefully you'll be successful on Battle Spot or other sanctioned/grassroot tourney

Messages In This Thread
RE: A 1st place on showdown team report (Part 2) - by Black117 - Jul 13, 2015, 03:11 PM