Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Blaziken Knight ?!?!
(Jul 15, 2015, 08:29 AM)evilsabre Wrote: i would replace blaze kick and upper cut for more accurate moves imo but if you want to keep the signatures go for it i just hate how often those moves have let me down by missing

Edit i would use low kick and flare blitz(tho fire punch is is another option only loosing 10 base power in exchange for the 10% accuracy)

(Jul 15, 2015, 12:48 PM)z2porygon Wrote: Problems with the team after a few tests:
Weak to fairies ( sylveon, gardevoir) - even though you have choice band crobat, you have no resist except crobat which is frail already

Weak to bulky water types ( rotom-w, politoed) - like you said ludicolo can cover these but ludicolo has no support for if something like Gastrodon + Strong mega or a way to beat Ludicolo ( Kangaskhan, Salamence)

Weak to bulky pokemon (Cresselia, Ferrothron, Assault Vest Lando-T) – Combinations of bulky pokemon like Cresselia tear apart this team

Spread attacks (hyper voice, heat wave, muddy water, earthquake) – Follow me doesn't stop these. Mega Charizard-y, Kingdra, Sylveon, Landorus-T just do a large amount of damage onto the team

Suggestions on pokemon and move sets

Pachirisu:

Needs protect>light screen because if I need to make a switch and kept pachirisu around I cannot do that without protect

I would most likely switch this pokemon for Amoonguss since the grass typing helps, can spore threats, and helps with bulky water types better than pachirisu.

Blaziken:

Substitute was not used often when I tested the team since Mega-Blaziken is one of the teams main ways to output damage

I would replace substitute with Rock Slide or Brave Bird.

Crobat:

Choice band is power but support crobat is bae. Quick Guard helps against thundurus, talonflame and opposing fake outs. Free Tailwind with Inner Focus.

Hydreigon:

Scarf helped me outspeed stuff to win a couple battles but its damage output is somewhat sad. Dark pulse doesn't 2OHKO cresselia

I would suggest choice specs and earth power instead of flamethrower

Azumarill:

Pretty good choice for the team. I found it hard to set up against well prepared teams.

Ludicolo:

I would suggest Raichu over Ludicolo. Raichu has access to Grass knot, Thunderbolt, Fake Out and Nuzzle. Raichu has faster fake out than kangaskhan and shuts down thundurus with the Hidden Ability Lightning Rod. Fake out can be the best way to set up against certain teams that are ready for the follow me. I would also suggest aegislash over ludicolo since it has wide guard and resist fairies

Overall it was a fun team to play with and I really enjoyed the team. Smile

First of all thanks for suggestions. based on the thoughts of you two i though i might run some tests exact the team you guys suggested. after running a few tests, i thought of the following errors/issues in the team:
. Blaziken + amoongus (mega salamence, mega gardevoir, with low kick and flare blitz i was risking something every turn and wasn't sure of getting any OHKO'es)
. Hydreigon with specs missed many benchmarks, e.g defeating lando-t, dragon including mega salamence, opposition of hydreigon and garchomps. the EV spread soon became meaningless after that.
. it may just be me but now there were 3x support mons ( amoongus, {crobat and raichu both frail too}) and the offenses like blaziken and azumarill being attack magnets fall early too.

. you did read the purpose and goal of every pokemon in the discription, further calcs prove it:

Fairy type matchup:
. Crobat (no.1 check to fairies as you can see i don't need QG on crobat due to the reason i am not threatened seriously by anypriority status or moves )
. Pachirisu (light screen was for a purpose)

Water type matchup:
. Azumarill and ludiculo +light screen can't forgive these.

Bulky pokemon:
. Substitute set up against supports
. Belly drum activation (i noticed it that my trit against cresse's was to wall it out till the end bring in azu, set-up and sweep it +other pokemons) as far as ferrothorn (hydreigon's flamethrower)

Spread attacks:
. Every team has spread moves, wide guard would be an excellent addition., so far i was able to play around these very well.
. EQ and RS (lando-t, gachomp; my team checks them well)
. Hyper voice fairies (light screen and crobat check)
. Heat wave (azumarill, blaziken, hydreigon, light screen)
. Substitute: it was a move for the sole purpose. it allowed me to set up for the attacks which blaziken can't survive, while the partner takes care of the threat.

i respect all your opinions and do appreciate that you took your time and wrote me these replys. i think the difference of opinion, on the slots of both pokemon and moves i choose and what you suggested can be a clash in the different forms of playstyle * so don't start wars with me :P * and i think my response is self explanatory if you analyze the team further.

Messages In This Thread
Blaziken Knight ?!?! - by Pokeventurer - Jul 15, 2015, 01:55 AM
RE: Blaziken Knight ?!?! - by DanielJames - Jul 15, 2015, 08:23 AM
RE: Blaziken Knight ?!?! - by evilsabre - Jul 15, 2015, 08:29 AM
RE: Blaziken Knight ?!?! - by z2porygon - Jul 15, 2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Blaziken Knight ?!?! - by GiMYz - Jul 15, 2015, 06:33 PM
RE: Blaziken Knight ?!?! - by Pokeventurer - Jul 16, 2015, 05:25 AM
RE: Blaziken Knight ?!?! - by Marcusube - Jul 18, 2015, 07:46 AM