Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk!
Hi guys i am back with another RMT post, this time i wanted to try out mega sharpedo as the base of my team as i really liked it's speed boost ability in the standard form and then the strong jaw ability when it goes mega, from which it can aquire both brutal force and ultimate speed and guess what i will not be running 252/252/4 sharpedo though, you'll see in a moment. as i already warned enter at your own risk so be careful Wink just saying. Let's get started!

The Team Building Process:
i wanted to build around m-sharpedo as everyone already knows though, after making it's spread it couldn't have survived much so i needed a bulky/defensive core around to keep it alive with the first though of adding redirection, wide guard was one thing i acknowledged as important from sharpedo's point of view. after which i added DD t-tar and excadrill as  it was the best weather in my purpose. the last slot was extremity shaky shaky as i tried out many but in the end just kept aegislash, which supported many of the members perfectly

The Team:

Changes/Updates are in blue, thanks to everyone who rated the team Smile

[Image: sharpedo-mega.gif]
Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Waterfall
- Crunch

. Outspeeds jolly scarfed lando after a +1 boost.
. OHKO'es a 4 HP salamence with ice beam.
. Rest was tossed into Attack stat.

Sharpedo despite being the main focus of the team doesn't gets much to discuss about though. it gets brought into every match by now and often proves to finish off the games and the mons weakened by it's partners. sharpedo is also observed to be a momentum shifter, sharpedo wipes away any lando-t which are big threats to sand mode and other 4x weak dragons in general too though. sharpedo becomes an attack magnet by achieving such great speed but surely does gets one or two OHKO'es. if sharpedo is left unchecked then it would be gg from my opponents from me.

[Image: amoonguss.gif]
Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder

. Survives zard's H-wave in sand.
. Giga drain to wipe off gastrodon and swampert's threat.
. Rocky helmet to improve matchup against kangaskhan and fighting types in general, who the team either can't handle well or are a big threat to it

You had the overview of this mon already. amoongus in addition to all the things mentioned above was greatly synergistic with sharpedo and so became the member of the core i wanted to form around it. amoonguss brings a natural counter to Trick room modes which who won't love. amoongus also likes to redirect water type moves from the sand duo and rotom-h itself, with such sp.atk investment it can tank some ice beams before going down to them.

[Image: rotom-heat.gif]
Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 4 Def / 204 SpA / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

. Safety goggles to help it against any Powder move users as well as prevent sand damage
. Speed investment to burn down bisharps.
. Will-o-wisp helps against the threat of fighting types to the team (god forbid any guts conk)

Rotom-h forms this team a picture perfect core which i really liked. F/W/G cores were something easy to think off and build around i this case of the team i did the same and loved to play it. rotom while being naturally bulky works better in the presence of m-sharpedo as the third member of the team. i honestly have seen some calm nature very bulky rotom sets which i hate the most as the utilize two attacking moves aparently it wasn't my style to play, i choose for an offensive spread with safety goggles to give it a fairly good chance of OHKO'ing amoonguss'.

[Image: tyranitar.gif]
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Taunt

. Choice scarf to pick of OHKO'es fast rock slides to get flinch haxes.
. Choice scarf syncs in well with the team overall.
. With four pokemons on the field immune to chip damages and becomes really useful.

Tyranitar as discussed before was at first a DD variant but then even after 252/252/4 i thought it was missing out it's own potential especially against things like breloom and venusaur while setting up who negate rage powder's effects. the team surely did acquired a fighting move at thing point to deal with sand mirror matches the interesting part comes when aerial ace makes it. even with the presence of rotom-h i though this was an extremely important slot to fulfill the requirement of a flying type move to deal with m-venu with the best of my ability, t-tar's last move would've been optional so i just had aerial ace on it.

[Image: excadrill.gif]
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 172 HP / 212 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect

. Speed EV's to outspeed lando-t by one point behind sand.
. Attack EV's make it an equivalent to 200 total attack stat + life orb adding to the damage scale.
. The rest dumped into the bulk making it exceptionally bulky.

i know this is weird but let me explain. you guys may think why not EV to counter opposing excadrill like 252 speed and jolly nature to tie and win under some conditions? after Aaron zheng's landorus thingie excadrill's chances of appearing are just further more reduced, and also people are using that after you  or protect, last resort gimmicky ways with stoutland. even if one apears i just have to lead with amoongus and aegislash rage power + sacred sword if it goes for drill run i'm fine and even when it goes for an EQ which will activate the weakness policy. so that was my explanation. now for the set, rock slide haxes out when i trymy luck in addition slowly helps in wearing off my opponent's team, iron head to fairly deal with fairies though, drill run over EQ fearing wide guards that many teams carry with them + i wasn't comfy making switches into rotom-h after setting up sand.

[Image: aegislash.gif]
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 236 HP / 12 Atk / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 20 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball

. SP.def to survive max sp.atk specs hydreigon's dark pulse.
. Team still needed mobility with fighting coverage, hence sacred sword.
. I didn't minded having bulk (while loosing damage) as the whole team was extremely offensive.

You know how important this slot is in almost any sand team though. i mainly choose it to fulfill and support the following purposes: another way to switch in with fighting types, wide guard to support everything from spread moves, something not adding to the weaknesses of the overall team even more' something not hindered by intimidate as much as the sand mode. with all the design objectives aegislash proves to be a constant good option providing extra switch in mobility with it's typing. if someone questions why did i choose sacred sword over flash cannon? it would be as excadrill's iron head deals much better with OHKO'es on fairies other than the slower stalls of flash cannon plus sacred swords comes in handy against nay dark or steel types that the meta throws at me.

Problems with the team (suggestions required to fix these issues)
. Water weaknesses (3x) and fighting weaknesses (3) are often able to wall me easily.
. The team has too many tactics, tricks even to defeat a certian mon e.g breloom: rotom + amoonguss on the field with sand for surety
. No great way to defeat any rain modes other than stall or disrupt with sand.
. Too many switch in's other than built in ways to counter threats to themselves.
. Playing aggressively, and mons loose to fast.

Conclusion:
Hope u liked reading through the team and hopefully have some good suggestions to fix the team, Bye for now!

Messages In This Thread
Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk! - by Pokeventurer - Aug 8, 2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk! - by Marcusube - Aug 8, 2015, 07:46 AM
RE: Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk! - by Marcusube - Aug 8, 2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk! - by Rogue - Aug 8, 2015, 10:15 PM