Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk!
The more I compare adamant 252/252 to your spread, the more I can't find an actual reason on why to use naive ice beam.
Ice Fang will always do more damage, even when intimidated. Unless you were jolly + intimidated, you do a few % less damage. But you still net OHKO's against things like M-Salamence and Landorus. Also, the damage of ice beam is low against something like Thundurus, where Ice Fang can even OHKO depending on the spread. I love the uniqueness of the idea, but for bettering the team I'd say 252/252 adamant nature is better 9/10 times.

Also, max speed adamant mega sharpedo at +1 speed ties with jolly max speed scarf lando. It's really rare to run into jolly scarf lando, especially with max speed. Even if they are running something like this, it's still a 50/50. I think the rare chance of this happening is worth the large amount of damage you get from adamant with 252 attack. Sometimes simple builds are for the best.

I also don't really like how the team only has one pokemon that has an ice move. Ice beam won't always OHKO if they're invested in bulk, meaning if you ice beam someones lando/mega mence/etc and they live, and you lose your sharpedo you no longer have a way to beat those mons.

Excadrill/Tyranitar add way too many weaknesses to the team together, especially paired with aegislash. Aegislash works well with the team due to it's wide guard (although i think you should so special instead of mixed, you'll get more out of it and theres already so many intimidate users running around) but those 2 just make the team as a whole weaker.

3 Fighting weaknesses (Sharpedo, Tyranitar, Excadrill)
3 Ground weaknesses (Tyranitar, Excadrill, Aegislash)
3 Fire weaknesses (Amoongus, Excadrill, Aegislash)
3 Water weaknesses (Rotom-H, Tyranitar, Excadrill)

All 4 of these are very common typings in the meta as well. Water can crush you the most, because Suicune just sets up all of it's support roles for free. Giga drain amoongus isn't an accurate check to it, and the only other thing that can hit it super effectively is weak to water in the first place. A wacan berry suicune could cause you a lot of trouble.

I think you should drop excadrill/tyranitar. Yeah they're really good, but they don't synergize with the team well. They're better off for a more dedicated sand team. I'm sure they do work, but only if your opponents team isn't ready for the sand pair they bring. Ontop of that, scarf taunt tyranitar doesn't seem like a good idea either.You taunt, and then you have to switch. If you really wanna keep them, at least try out a special scarf tyranitar. If you lead excadrill/tyranitar and they lead landorus + anything youre in big trouble. A well played AV Landorus really have a lot of fun against this team.

Anywho, fun and interesting team. Hope I helped.
If you wanna keep it as is I understand.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk! - by Pokeventurer - Aug 8, 2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk! - by Marcusube - Aug 8, 2015, 07:46 AM
RE: Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk! - by Marcusube - Aug 8, 2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Shark Sighted Enter at own Risk! - by Rogue - Aug 8, 2015, 10:15 PM