Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] We are the Machampions, My Friends
This is probably one of my favorite RMT's I've read from a newcomer to the site, not that you're "new" rather just already have clear experience knowledge of teambuilding for VGC/Battle Spot Doubles so let me get started.

To be honest, Machamp is a great Pokemon given its trollish Dynamic Punch attacks and its surprisingly wide array of support options available to it such as Quick Guard, Wide Guard, and Helping Hand. People often sleep on some of these threats because they don't know what these Pokemon like Machamp have in store, probably the best advantage to your team here (I'll elaborate later). Sometimes I don't recommend building around a niche mon like Machamp but as long as the player provides it the tools and partners it needs to succeed, then its fine honestly. Your team really has so many tricks up it sleeves to the point to where you can already tell what you want to if the time like Trick Room on your Gardevoir, Helping Hand on Machamp, and even the Assault Vest on Heatran which kinda surprises me. I'm pretty certain that team preview is your best friend as I can tell people are usually aren't expecting a full Trick Room team, though Jellicent kinda give it away for me but that doesn't matter. That's probably the best part of your team Metameta given people don't know what to expect from this team when you clearly have a planned out strategy.

Now I notice some weakness to the team when I place it into the team builder here. For starters, you don't have many resistances to Ground, Electric, Grass, Water, Fairy so some common archetypes and Pokemon like Double Genie (Landorus-T/Thundurus), Spore users (Amoonguss, Breloom),  Rain (Politoed/Ludicolo), and Pixilate Hyper Voice users (Mega Gardevoir/Sylveon). While your team does have answers to these Pokemon, I'm point that out because without, say Machamp on the field stopping Earthquakes/Pixilate Hyper Voices with  Wide Guard, or Heatran or Gardevoir stopping Breloom/Amoonguss, or Jellicent handling double genie than these opposing Pokemon can be rather a nuisance. Understandably you aren't able to cover everything so I'm not going to beat you up here as some other RMTers would do since your main plan is to setup Trick Room after all to beat most of the aforementioned mons (plus I really don't want to change any Pokemon here honestly). I do think TR Mega Gardevoir/Amoonguss is the pair that can break this team if played well so preserve Heatran/Machamp as best as possible while trying your best to take out Amoonguss. Honestly Dark Void is probably the only thing that really gives this team issues but I think if the Smeargle user "protects" first turn and they let you setup Trick Room than Kangaskhan can get past those teams.

As far as individual Pokemon are concern, you kinda nail the coffin on most of the team-members here with their sets and EVs spreads here. I do think having some kind of fast mode of this team can help though it will completely change how the team will look and play with a Semi Trick Room so there's that possibility. Now I think Mega Kangaskhan can really shine well with having Low Kick and a bulkier EV spread like 212 HP / 96 Atk / 148 Def / 52 SpD which lets it survive a Terrakion's Close Combat or Modest 44 EVs Char Y's Overheat about 15/16th of the time. You already have Helping Hand from Machamp so Mega Kangaskhan can still hit ridiculously hard with thanks to the Parental Bond boost. Low Kick can help get some immediate KOs for this team against Tyranitar, Focus Sash Bisharp, Hydreigon, Mega Gyarados, Excadrill, etc. However I know how good and clutch the simple Power-Up Punch set can be since it automatically turn Mega Kangakshan into a wallbreaking monster. I would recommend having Shuca Berry instead of Assault Vest on Heatran, but being able to stick around longer against Special hitters and deal with Gardevoir/Amoonguss better to me is more important. If you can setup Trick Room, Heatran or and of its allies can defeat these common EQ users so there's that.

Overall this is a very powerful team since your opponent won't know what's coming literally.  Remember what I said about how Team Preview is your "best friend", basically they won't know whether this is a duel Mega team with Kangaskhan/Gardevoir, or how Gardevoir/Jellicent can actually setup Trick Room for the whole team. Well that's really all I have with this team since its honestly solid on paper and in practice from what I can tell from you so good luck with this team.

Messages In This Thread
We are the Machampions, My Friends - by MetaMeta - Aug 10, 2015, 12:35 AM
RE: We are the Machampions, My Friends - by Black117 - Aug 10, 2015, 06:41 AM