Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] OHKO 100% Gimmick, Teambuilding Help Needed!
Hi guys this time back with another post, trust me i usually don't do these but this time i wanna work around a cool gimmick that i saw on showdown (the idea isn't mine, nor would be the credit of it's potential success). the title sounds kinda click bait but you will get 100% OHKO'es from this gimmick, trust me. so let's just jump into this, hope it'll be worth it:

So i was just testing some team on showdown can't recall it correctly, then a team with a lead match up of a wormadam and machamp popped out to me. i was literally like "what an idiot!" who would use that *yes it was me, the lord of non-meta* and then skill swaps into his no guard machamp and then uses 100% accurate fissures :P however i was able to handle this wormadam in time before it completely wrecked me and handle the match, the match was forfeited at the spot so i wasn't able to get more from the team. from the things i drew from the battle, decided to build around a team for the gimmick

Though i haven't build a solid team, i wanna ask for some suggestions based around the idea, following are some things i took notes of as just an idea of wormadam, machamp and the rest slapped on the team, though it wasn't a failure:
. The team faces a constant fear of taunts, magic bounce, ally switch xatu is something i have used before and could work out here, oblivos mons, e.g mega slowbro and slowking.
. the team requires OHKO moves and skill swap to transport the ability.
. There are many ground immunities in the current meta, hence horn drill lapras was something i used as for a test.
. The team should have a bulky nature and good speed control (trick room in this case)
. The team should have strong strategy to beat thundurus +landorus, i figured wide guard and quick guard on machamp for the purpose.

Hope u guys have some ideas for the betterment to this idea into a team, Bye for now!

Messages In This Thread
OHKO 100% Gimmick, Teambuilding Help Needed! - by Pokeventurer - Aug 25, 2015, 12:08 AM