Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] How long did it take you to get comp ready legendaries ?
When soft resetting you need to have in mind the stats you want on the Pokemon. If you want max HP IV, get a Pokemon with final Gambit that has one point less in HP to check for that IV. If you want max speed IV, get a Pokemon with one speed point below the legendary you are trying to catch. This method cuts soft resetting by a huge amount since you will only be catching the mons that you have guaranteed to have the HP, speed or a combination of the two.

If you're soft resetting, try to get a Master Ball from the Pokemiles shop on the Pokemon Global Link or the lottery in game. You can skip the first paragraph if you have the Master Ball seeing as how you will have 100% catch rate.

Always have Pokeballs that make the Pokemon easier to catch unless of course you want to be that guy who catches all his legendaries in a normal Pokeball. I generally SR at night so Dusk Balls have a 3.5x capture rate. For the regis, Dusk Ball works as well. For water type legendaries like Palkia and Suicune, Dive Ball or Net Ball is the way to go as you get a 4x capture rate.

False Swipe + Spore/Hypnosis is good to have as well. I mention Hypnosis because Virizion is unaffected by Spore. Start training that Breloom and Gallade cause your gonna need it.

Finally, never give up. Flawless or bust. If it is possible to get the perfect IVs on a legendary, just go for it. HP, Spdef and Defenses IVs are necessary on all Pokemon so never overlook those. If the legendary is supposed to be a physical attacker then you don't need to SR for the Special Attack IV and vice versa. It can take from 2 hours to 2 weeks to get the perfect legendary. I got my 5 IV Jolly Zekrom in under 30 soft resets. I got a Virizion with 4 IV + 20-30 IV in HP with a Jolly Nature in under 100. Patience is the key
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How long did it take you to get comp ready legendaries ? - by Marcusube - Aug 31, 2015, 07:55 AM