Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] I need your help for my team :)
Hi to all, how are you ? listen i need your help for this topic please. Im going to participate in a tournament with basic rules.
1: First of all is going to be 6 vs 6 battle.
2: A pokemon cant have duplicate items
3: No mega evolution allowed
4: Only pokemons from Johto region (152-251 in the national pokedex)
5: Legendarys are not allowed.
6: Direct elimination system.

I train at least Eight pokemons from johto but i can only use six in the battle. I want you to help me to create a balanced team with the pokemons that i had or sugest me a new one for the team. Those are all the pokemons that i had in mind.

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 256 Sp. Def
Calm Nature

- Feather dance
- Calm mid
- Roost
- Moonlight

Well the basic in this set is to use the eviolite to make Murkrow really tanky, he also has prankster wich mind he will always is going to attack first if he use a non damage move. I like this move set because Murkrow can calm mind first against this anoying special pokemons or feather dance attackers before they even attack so this is really good. Murkrow are going to use roost for sustain and snarl is my choise for this because this move always is going to lower the sp att by 1, if i calm mind and then use snarl you are going to be a really tanky pokemon and perhaps force a swich. Im thinking him as my lead.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Keen eye
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp. Def
Impish Nature

- Roost
- Wirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Skarmory are going to be the mega annoying spike pokemon, im going to use him to mining all the board and then wirlwind as much pokemons as i can. One of Skarmory weakness are the special attackers and the taunt move (this one could be his end if he is the last pokemon standing), but the main idea here is to trap the board as soon as possible and try to swich him out for a possible rapid spinner in the future. Roost is going to help Skarmory to sustain.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 220 HP / 108 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature

- Curse
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Payback

This is one of the basics movesets of umbreon. Umbreon is extremely tanky and if he is used correctly may be a monster in the pich. Curse are going to be the main strategy, curse as much as you can and then payback all the pokemons because you are going to be the last one attacking. Umbreon also has toxic to annoy non steal type pokemons or inmunity pokemons. Moonlight for sustain. He could be a really good tank and has tons of utility.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Sp. Att / 56 SpD
Modest Nature

- Surf
- Ice beam
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Kingdra is the king of rain, Kingdra can outspeed almost any pokemon in rain and has a movepool that can be really relaible with rain. I choose surf over hydro pump because the stability of the move, ice beam for grass/dragon/earth, etc for more coverage and draco meteor to burst low healt sweepers, finally protect. I'll going to use him as my main sweeper and trying to outdamage as most as i can.

Politoed @ Damn Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Att
Modest Nature

- Scald
- Ice beam
- Psychic
- Protect

Politoed are going to be the rain man, his ability are going to give me 8 turns of rain. First of all scald because his 30% chance to burn a pokemon, in rain this will be an amazing move and is going to have 120 base power. Psychic because can help me to clean treats like crobat (is going to be one of the most usable pokemons) and give me a lot of coverage. Finally protect to use it in the first turn and see what he do or what he brought to the battlefield.

Typholison @ Choise Scarf.
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Sp. Att / 252 SpD
Modest Nature

- Eruption
- Fire blast
- Extrasensory
- Hidden power: Grass

This could be irrelevant since im going to use the rain as my first offence treat. But i can use him at the end of the first of the battle to damage as much pokemon that i can. First of all Typholison secret weapon. Eruption. This will be the bread and butter of typholison because the choise scarf are going to help him to outspeed any pokemon and hit that amazing 150 base power move, if a rock, fire or water pokemon appears i can swich him off and try to use it latter when the rain is not in the field. Extrasensory are going to be another stab move, treats like crobat are going to be suffering with this move and my choise scarf. Fire blast is going to be use when his hit points are low combined with his blaze ability. Finally HP grass, for water and rock types like donphan or ferraligart.

Miltank @ Assault vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att
Adamant Nature

- Milk drink
- Body Slam
- Attract
- Fire punch

Ohhh miltank, one of my favorites pokemons and in my opinion one of the most understimated pokemon in the world. This set is based in WITHNEY (Gym leader in Johto) and i find it really relaiable. Normal pokemons only had one weakness one inmunity and two resistances. With this moveset a lot of her problems are going to be solved. First of all Miltank ability scrappy are going to allow me to hit ghost type pokemons with normal and fighting moves. Body slam over return because body slam help me to hit minimize targets and give me a 30% chance to paralyze the target. Attract is going to be really usefull to free attack all the male pokemons. Milk drink to sustain and Fire puch for Stelix, scizor and coverage.

Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Sp. Def
Calm Nature

- Synthesis
- Aromaterapy
- Lech seed
- Toxic/ Energy ball / Light screen

Meganium is another understimated pokemon and i dont see why, he can be a really good support and has an amazing move pool. Aromatherapy is a very useful move to cure status conditions for Meganium and its teammates, making it a good cleric. Synthesis provides Meganium with a reliable form of recovery. Energy ball to cover water, rock and ground pokemons like ferraligart, donphan, quagsire, etc. Lech seed + leftovers are an amazing combo, it could work and heal meganium a lot.

I dont now if i miss something and if you could give me a little advise about the current squad will be the best. I dont now what should be the team since i had 8 pokemons and only alow me to enter 6. Thanks a lot to take a time to read this and any advise will help me a lot (Including new pokemons to train). PD (sorry my english im from Colombia xD)

Messages In This Thread
I need your help for my team :) - by belmont08 - Oct 30, 2015, 05:26 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by bradar485 - Oct 30, 2015, 06:09 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by belmont08 - Oct 31, 2015, 09:01 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by bradar485 - Oct 30, 2015, 06:17 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by Marcusube - Oct 30, 2015, 06:32 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by belmont08 - Oct 31, 2015, 09:02 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by GiMYz - Oct 30, 2015, 06:49 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by belmont08 - Oct 31, 2015, 09:05 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by bradar485 - Oct 31, 2015, 10:03 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by belmont08 - Nov 3, 2015, 03:36 PM
RE: I need your help for my team :) - by Marcusube - Nov 1, 2015, 12:34 AM