Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Competitive Pokemon
(Oct 31, 2015, 05:08 PM)naitre Wrote: I realized that Gamefreak had absolutely no regard for the competitive aspect of Pokémon when M-Rayquaza was announced. I had suspicions in the past, but once the leaks proved to be truth and not a hoax, it became absolutely clear to me that they don't even take their own game seriously. I agree that the heart of the matter is that Gamefreak simply doesn't care about the competitive aspect of the game and doesn't fully recognize it as a competitive game.

Even Smash, a game marketed as a party game, takes the initiative to listen to its competitive community despite the fact that Sakurai has said multiple times that he doesn't want it to be a competitive game and never intends for it to be taken as seriously as it is.

The community is dying out because Gamefreak is poisoning it. I know I'll be throwing in the towel once and for all if the next installment is another reboot and doesn't address some of the major flaws in its unhealthy metagame.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. Maybe they have no intentions of Pokemon being a competitive game, and if that's the case they'll have no intentions of balancing it for competitive play. Like you've mentioned with Smash, Sakurai said he didn't want it to be a competitive game, and yet it still gets updates balancing the characters.

From all the Pokemon stuff that's been coming out, it seems that Z is likely to be the next title, but I have no reason to believe that anything will be different from what it is now. A lot of people, myself included, have gotten bored of ORAS or just Pokemon in general, and if GF keep going in the direction they are now I feel like a lot more people will be drifting away

Messages In This Thread
Competitive Pokemon - by GiMYz - Oct 31, 2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Competitive Pokemon - by Eckley - Oct 31, 2015, 05:25 PM
RE: Competitive Pokemon - by Apo - Oct 31, 2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Competitive Pokemon - by ChaseInfinity - Oct 31, 2015, 05:38 PM
RE: Competitive Pokemon - by Marcusube - Oct 31, 2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Competitive Pokemon - by Zigzagger456 - Nov 1, 2015, 06:32 PM
RE: Competitive Pokemon - by Pokeventurer - Nov 2, 2015, 02:37 AM