Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Triple Team Challenge Season 3? [2016]
After thinking about what happen during this season, I do have some rather strong opinions about this topic since its the second time the league collapsed. First off, I highly agree we'd be better off getting this started in the summer of 2016 (at least most young people and students are free). It be interesting as GMX said if TPCi/Play Pokemon! announces the official format for 2016 since most people (almost everyone here) wants a new one. If we are still going to have the same format, then yeah I could see banning the top 12 Pokemon on the future battle spot doubles section bar any pre megas like regular Kangaskhan, Gardevoir, Charizard (...don't know if we should ban X as well since it defeats the purpose of using regular Charizard), Salamence, etc.

The issue here is whether the teams will coordinate with each other and if they'll stick around even if some aren't likely to make playoffs assuming we do have it. Another thing I want to say is we should only have teams based on people who are already established here on PFA with a couple reputation and time spent here. If we were going to do a tourney that going to last long until playoffs, then have people who are well-known or interested participate, not just someone who joins the forum in a few days in June 2016 for this tour and leaves midway. A team cap of about like 16-20 is honestly the most manageable with between 48-60 players. We do have a ton of time (rather 7 months) to get a rather large community base going. In the meantime hopefully some people here can host smaller ones just to gauge the reception.

Another thing people can do if they don't have the time to battle/breed their Pokemon is go on Showdown and complete their battles there. Yes it sorta takes away from the battle-like experience but at least we can have finish battles. Just look at the Spooky Cup we hosted, it went largely well and most of the people battled and participated there. I think its be better off if we can have the format be both showdown and on the cartridges so anyone can battle. If we do happen to do playoffs, then its should be either top 4 to make the finals rounds interesting or a top 6 with the 2 top seed teams getting byes.

One last thing, if any teams are MIA for either the rounds/playoffs and are MIA for an extended period of time (like 2 weeks), don't wait for them and give the team an auto-DQ. Literally this is how both seasons died off so we kinda have to make those executive decisions for the tourney to be successful. That's really all I have to say on the matter so we do have plenty of time to get this right again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Triple Team Challenge Season 3? - by Unit501 - Nov 7, 2015, 07:10 AM
RE: Triple Team Challenge Season 3? - by GiMYz - Nov 7, 2015, 07:39 AM
RE: Triple Team Challenge Season 3? - by Marcusube - Nov 7, 2015, 07:42 AM
RE: Triple Team Challenge Season 3? [2016] - by Black117 - Nov 7, 2015, 10:19 AM