Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] (VGC 2017) Mudsdale Movesets (Assault Vest / Physical Attacker)
(Mar 7, 2017, 10:09 PM)Black117 Wrote:
(Mar 7, 2017, 11:00 AM)BlazingDiancie Wrote: Hey there, I'm kinda new to this. I do see the worth of Mudsdale and his massive power and bulk, but would he be any use as an offensive 'mon on a Trick Room team? I'm currently breeding for a Shiny Only Trick Room team. So far I have Specs Drampa (bit of a test set, haven't tried him yet) and VGC Trick Room Setter Oranguru. Can someone help me? Would appreciate it.   :D

The thread here is mainly to discuss Mudsdale and and teammates, but not the other way around so no gimmick. Honestly, Mudsdale can work on both Trick Room and Non-Trick Room team given its bulk alongside its decent coverage options to threaten some of the common mons in the format like Arcanine, Koko, or Alolan Muk. If you are going to have Mudsdale on a Trick Room team, I'd suggest you give it some partners who can beat Water-, Ice-, and Grass-type Pokemon. Arcanine is a good pair as it already gives Mudsdale a partner to switch in and take on Ice- and Grass-types mons and the Intimidate support can be handy. Tapu Koko at least helps deals with Water-types and gives you terrain control against the opposing Tapus if it can position itself well towards mid to late game. I think Drampa is somewhat alright, though Choice Specs should be replaced with either Life Orb or Expert Belt with Energy Ball listed somewhere there.

Thanks, the Choice Band set does look appealing. Drampa runs dual STABs as well as Shadow Ball and Flamethrower. The latter tears Celesteela to bits:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Drampa Flamethrower vs. 228 HP / 116 SpD Celesteela: 154-182 (76.6 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Shadow Ball OHKOes Disguise-less Mimikyu and I managed to Synchronize for a good Tapu Bulu with Brave Nature and Low Speed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (VGC 17) Mudsdale Movesets (Assault Vest / Physical Attacker) - by BlazingDiancie - Mar 8, 2017, 07:54 AM