Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Revised team
(Feb 17, 2017, 01:56 PM)Black117 Wrote: As is, the team looks relatively strong on paper though one of the things I feel this team lacks such as a strong offensive pressure and a response to opposing Ice- and Fairy-type Pokemon, though not sure if Celesteela is enough. Looking at the team, it doesn't really have a strong 'nuke' option aside Garchomp's Techonic Rage Earthquake or boosted CM Fini, which really depends on the matchup and if Fini can get boosted. Definitely the team cores are strong, but the main concern is the lack of offensive pressure as your team needs a couple Pokemon who can at least immediate threaten the opposing threats. Here are some suggestions, though totally up to you if these are appropriate or not.

If you are considering replacing P2, why not just add Curse Snorlax into the mix as it gives the team another strong win condition to use and a viable response to Trick Room. The moveset can be based on 13Yoshi37's set with Return, High Horsepower, Curse, and Recycle which technically has pseudo recovery with the 50% berries and Gluttony. Another thought about this is Snorlax's bulk is capable of withstanding most of the strong Z-attacks in the game and attempt to setup Curses for the endgame. The only thing that worries Snorlax are notably powerful Fighting-type Pokemon, and just heavy offensive pressure in general, but your team at least has other mons who can support the Snorlax setup.

Honestly, specially defensive Celesteela with Flamethrower is honestly the best variant atm given the potential to raise its Special Defense to take Special Attacks better and to check opposing Steel-types notably Kartana and other Celesteelas. The EV Spread can be modified around, though not sure as to what, though there's not much to say about Celesteela anyways.

Tapu Fini is definitely a good call to have with this team, though the item choice is up for debate. My main concern is whether Tapu Fini needs Leftovers from Celesteela since it can really benefit from the long term setup. If you want those leftovers, then for Celesteela it can run Misty Seed to gain a +1 Special Defense, though it requires both mons in the same team matchup. The 50% Berries can also suffice for either Celesteela / Tapu Fini, but it has to be activated around the 25% mark HP. If you feel as though Tapu Fini needs more damage output, well you can always try Choice Specs to get more damage output.

Sash Tapu Koko is something I don't see often, though if your team wants more damage output, I'd Suggest you try out a Life Orb or Electrium-Z set. Do feel as though Discharge can be replaced for either Taunt, HP Ice, or Volt Switch, again it depends on your team's needs. Will say Sash Tapu Koko, Porygon2/Snorlax, Fini, and Celesteela is more than enough to handle opposing Rain teams.

Adamant Garchomp is an interesting call given you lose out in outspeeding Tapu Lele / Arcanine in exchange for a better stat distribution for a bulkier EV Spread as mentioned. Just a thought, if you still feel the team doesn't apply offensive pressure, then maybe Sword Dance can be utilize to threaten opposing teams with a +2 Z Earthquake or Fire Fang for opposing Steel-types.

Goodra is somewhat standard, but the EV Spread is good enough to handle opposing weather-based teams and Tapus. Not sure why you want to have Muddy Water here when you can use Goodra's coverage options like Thunderbolt, which can potentially get boosted by Koko's Electric Terrain. Thunderbolt on Goodra along allows it to at least handle opposing Rain teams well. Since Fini is on this team, Dragon-type damage will be halved so maybe either replace Dragon Pulse for Thunderbolt/Ice Beam), or run Dragon Tail (yes Dragon Tail) to 1) phaze out setup attackers, and 2) remove the Trick Room setters. Of Course Goodra can't hit things like Whimsicott or Mimikyu, but at least this allows your team to combat setup.

Well that's about it. I'll leave the suggested sets for Snorlax and Tapu Fini below.

PS: Do feel like Arcanine can fit on this team for intimidate support and to combat Fairy/Ice-type Pokemon.

Snorlax (M) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Level: 50
EVs: 68 HP / 76 Atk / 228 Def / 132 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Return
- High Horsepower
- Curse
- Recycle

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 84 SpA / 44 SpD / 28 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump

Thanks for the rate, I really like your suggestion of Snorlax, and Fini definitely needs some reworking, I might go with your suggested Specs set or I might adopt Wolfe Glick's cleric set, using Swagger and Misty Terrain to boost Snorlax and Garchomp, I feel that Calm Mind on Fini is great but it's only really useful if it has Leftovers as well as Aurora Veil support since super effective hits like Wild Charge Arcanine or Tapu Koko can 2HKO it easy

Messages In This Thread
Revised team - by MDofTheK - Feb 15, 2017, 03:24 AM
RE: Revised team - by Marcusube - Feb 16, 2017, 06:23 AM
RE: Revised team - by MDofTheK - Feb 16, 2017, 07:05 AM
RE: Revised team - by Rockycombo - Feb 16, 2017, 08:04 AM
RE: Revised team - by MDofTheK - Feb 16, 2017, 11:15 AM
RE: Revised team - by Black117 - Feb 17, 2017, 01:56 PM
RE: Revised team - by MDofTheK - Feb 21, 2017, 03:23 AM