Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] I did it! My first sun team + Battle Spot victory!
[Edit #1 - Replaced Toxic with Confuse Ray on Ninetails. Also dropping Tyrantrum, but haven't decided what will be the replacement yet.]

You guys! I did it! I made my first sun team, and with a LOT of support and assistance, I won my first Battle Spot match with it!  Heart

Now, I recognize that I still have a LONG way to go in terms of improving my team building and prediction skills, but I was so surprised and excited about this win, especially because the first round/turn was immensely demoralizing for me when I let Ninetails become incapacitated. T^T I just wanted to give up after that, but I didn't! (Who knew that battling could be so intense and emotional!?)

At any rate, I'll share my team with you guys, as well as the VS Recorder code. I'd love it if some of you could give me more honest and constructive feedback so that I can continue to tweak this team to perform even better. It took me so long to put it together, between running a bajillion damage calculations and checking myself for weaknesses and strengths on Team Magma's team builder. @~@ I don't know how some of you just throw teams together with such ease! I was drained following the 5-6 hours it took me to do this, plus the several practice matches that helped me determine what moves I wanted to switch up and play around with a little more.

Thanks again to all of you (GMX, Marcusube, Black117, KevMan, z2porygon, and Vexian) who provided so much support and help to me so far. I feel really bad for taking up so much of people's time, but do know that I have immensely appreciated it.  Heart

Okay, before this starts to sound like an awards ceremony speech (maybe someday, amirite!? :P), here's my noob team + VS Recorder code:
FLXG-WWWW-WWXP-F4UR

Cherrim w/ Big Root
Ability: Flower Gift
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Defense / 12 Special Defense / 28 Speed
- Helping Hand
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Return

Ninetails w/ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Will-o-Wisp
- Toxic Confuse Ray

Tyrantrum w/ Choice Scarf  Replacement Pokémon to be determined.
Ability: Strong Jaw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Pidgeot (Mega) w/ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks (No Guard)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Protect
- Tailwind

Excadrill w/ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Meowstic (Male) w/ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense
- Quick Guard
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Okay, there it is! I realize that this team is somewhat all over the place, but I feel like it does a decent job as long as I'm playing offensively. When I first started practicing with it, I was playing too cautiously, and I wasn't having a very good time. But, it seems like being the aggressor works with this sort of lineup. I'm sure there may be a better Pokémon to fill Tyrantrum's slot (I was thinking about a bulky water Pokémon, but I'm still not sure), but I reached my IDGAF point after hitting the 5 hour mark and slapped it on there. It hasn't been super dead weight yet, but as I've already said, I'm absolutely open to dropping her.

Thanks so much again, everyone! I've only won one battle, but you don't even understand how happy this one win has made me. I hope I can have many more!

(inb4 1 Win, 50 Losses T~T)

xx

Messages In This Thread
I did it! My first sun team + Battle Spot victory! - by iflytoohigh - Apr 1, 2015, 08:31 PM