Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] ** NOTICE: Rate My Team - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING **
Star 
Hey guys, I just want to get the word out about a common issue that has been permeating in the Competitive Discussion section and that is the posts under the "Rate My Team" prefix.

As a member of the forums, I try my best to give feedback on people's teams as it relates to how it would perform on paper. It has come to my attention that most of these posts generally just state the six Pokemon and nothing further. Now here is the thing, it is ineffective to just post the six team members without meeting the following criteria.

You need to state and explain if necessary:
  • Why this Pokemon was the Pokemon of your choice.
  • What does it do to contribute to your game plan.
  • The reason behind the EV spread used
  • Offensive and Defensive calculations (if necessary to further explain the previous point)

Also, with your team write-ups, remember that how a team works on paper and how it works in a VGC situation are two different things. What does this mean you ask? You need to post battle videos of your initial practice with your team, either from Pokemon Showdown, Pokemon Online or 3DS VS Recorder codes, and also videos demonstrating the improvements made to the team if there were any.

And yes, you also should state your win to loss ratio and the percentage usage of each Pokemon if you kept track of it

Lastly, and this is completely optional, it would really help if you highlighted which Pokemon you want to not change and your preferred playstyle (whether it be defensive, hyper offensive, troll and status or a combination of the three). What this does is allows the rater to make suggestions that do not rule out a Pokemon you want and the end result being a team which you cannot handle.

I know this sounds like a bit too much to ask but bear with me, it is all for the best of both parties.

QUICK EDIT GUYS!

The "Rate my Team" prefix is for posts that contain close to complete teams. If you need assistance in team building, please use the "Request" prefix!
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
** NOTICE: Rate My Team - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ** - by Marcusube - Jun 5, 2015, 01:19 PM
RE: NOTICE: Rate My Team - by GiMYz - Jun 5, 2015, 01:55 PM
RE: NOTICE: Rate My Team - by ChaseInfinity - Jun 6, 2015, 07:03 PM