Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Original Mega Blaziken Team
This team has a nice hyper offensive core with M-Blaziken + Greninja + Thundurus-T. The other mons on the team also support each very well to be honest. The problem I see is that your team will have trouble playing around more defensive teams. A major problem here is that you literally have zero ease in switching meaning if you lead incorrectly, you will most likely have to sack a mon to get a free switch. Hyper offense is what it is I guess.

I'm not so sure as to why you opt for Mega Blaziken over the standard Life Orb set seeing as how the Life Orb set picks up more KOs than the mega but anyways. I think if the goal of HP Ice is to OHKO Salamence and Landorus then you should invest enough to at least KO both 75% of the time. Lets be real, 6.3 is a very low chance and a mon like Mega Salamence threatens your team if you don't have Greninja on the field to take care of it. To outspeed scarfed Landorus-T, you need to invest more into speed. Last thing. After using Superpower, you're pretty much forced to switch. You need a more solid defensive core to support Blaziken.

Special Greninja is pretty much hit or miss at this stage in the meta. I would suggest going for Gunk Shot, Low Kick/Acrobatics, Ice Beam and Protect to be honest but this is your team, not mine. Greninja really needs the Life Orb to put in damage. Expert Belt doesn't pull its weight enough in my opinion. Also, for an offensive build, I'd go Hydro Pump over Scald for the damage but burns are cool too I guess.

The Thundurus-T you have here is pretty much standard so no complaints.

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Dark Pulse vs. 220 HP / 92+ SpD Cresselia: 88-104 (39.4 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Cresselia Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus-T: 68-80 (44.1 - 51.9%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO

That little detail just came to mind when you said you run Dark Pulse for Cresselia. To be real here, Thundurus can't counter Cresselia especially if its the Calm Mind set. I'd say run Thundurus-I as an offensive set with Nasty Plot, Protect/Thunder Wave/Taunt, Thunderbolt and HP Ice.

Redirection doesn't really assist frail mons. As a matter of fact, it is better used to redirect attacks from a set up sweeper. If your mons are too frail, you can invest in bulkier Pokemon and maybe even use Light Screen, Reflect, Will-o-Wisp or get an Intimidater. These are more proactive solutions seeing as they work in more situations than a Pokemon with redirection support. With Hyper Voice and Heat Wave being such common spread moves this year, redirection really isn't that valuable anymore.

Whimsicott is great for hyper offensive teams but it appears as a weak link. All you really need it for is Taunt, as far as I can tell. Thundurus-I can do Whimsicott's job easily and provides more offensive pressure. Also Whimsicott is super frail and your team lacks a stable defensive core. I'd suggest going for a stronger grass type like Ferrothorn or Mega Venusaur. Grass coverage on this team is super necessary in dealing with bulky water types. Another thing is these mons have very strong defenses, great defensive typing and great offensive coverage. Your team still has trouble dealing with Rotom-W, Suicune, Milotic, Gastrodon and more, so why not

Safety Goggles Aegislash is decent I guess but why Goggles if you have answers to mons that use Powder moves. The item seems pretty redundant. Leftovers, Life Orb or even Expert Belt would do better here

http://pastebin.com/ZZizistB
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?25...98|681|423

These are links to the changes I would make to your team if you're interested. :]

Overall strong team. There are some holes in the team that need patching. Also, consider running Fake Tears on Whimsicott to pick up more KOs with your special attackers.
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Original Mega Blaziken Team - by DanielJames - Aug 21, 2015, 07:19 PM
RE: Original Mega Blaziken Team - by Delta - Aug 21, 2015, 08:01 PM
RE: Original Mega Blaziken Team - by DanielJames - Aug 21, 2015, 08:11 PM
RE: Original Mega Blaziken Team - by Delta - Aug 21, 2015, 08:15 PM
RE: Original Mega Blaziken Team - by AidanC97 - Aug 21, 2015, 09:01 PM
RE: Original Mega Blaziken Team - by DanielJames - Aug 22, 2015, 05:57 AM
RE: Original Mega Blaziken Team - by AidanC97 - Aug 22, 2015, 09:39 AM
RE: Original Mega Blaziken Team - by Marcusube - Aug 22, 2015, 08:01 AM
RE: Original Mega Blaziken Team - by DanielJames - Aug 22, 2015, 10:24 AM