Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team!
What's up JFlynnites! Mega Charizard is one of the top mega evolutions in the VGC'15 metagame and I want to experiment with it, specifically for this reason

124+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan in Sun: 168-198 (92.8 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Okay, not really Kappa

I just want to become more acquainted with the fiery lizard and how it functions in VGC. I have this core so far

Igneel (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Level: 50
EVs: 124 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Tailwind

The idea here is I want to run a Modest Charizard Y for maximum attack power. As for speed, probably to outspeed AV Landorus-T Jolly/Adamant by 1 point or maybe just Jolly Breloom, I don't know. Fire Blast does insane damage and I value power over accuracy here, Heat Wave is good spread damage and I need Protect to keep Zard out of danger. As for the last move, Tailwind is a filler basically. I don't feel I need Solar Beam, HP Ground would be nice for Heatran or maybe HP Ice for Mence and Landorus. I really don't know :s

Black Doom (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This Greninja is to take out the bulky water types that wall Charizard, Terrakion, Landorus-T, dragons, Heatran, Aegislash, Bisharp, among any other Pokemon that takes super effective damage from these moves. HP Ground has a utility to make Greninja immune to Electric moves in particular Thunder Wave. I was thinking of running a Pledge combination with Charizard Y but the sun might contradict this goal

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse

I'd lead this with Charizard Y to immediately nuke something that threatens Charizard. Hyper Beam boosted by Solar Power does a huge amount of damage, almost as much as Sylveon's Hyper Beam which is really nice. Plus Hyper Beam hits more for neutral than a Pixilated one

Harime Nui (Sylveon) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Helping Hand

Sylveon is here to partner with Charizard Y and spam spread moves. Helping Hand allows it to support the other team members by allowing them to pick up more OHKOs

What I need from you guys is suggestions for the last two members, probably tweaks to existing movesets, nicknames and any crazy gimmicks you can think off (like maybe Round Greninja with Sylveon or Parabolic Charge Heliolisk with M-Sceptile dual mega team).

Thanks for reading this post and don't be afraid to contribute! All criticism is invited! Smile
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - by Marcusube - Nov 29, 2015, 01:02 PM
RE: Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - by Slec - Nov 30, 2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - by Slec - Dec 1, 2015, 12:17 PM
RE: Let's make a Mega Charizard Y team! - by tygaa2 - Dec 1, 2015, 04:18 PM