Poll: Which do you prefer?
Main series games
Pokemon go
EVERYTHING
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Am I the only one who just doesn't care...
well, it might just be for marketing purposes. Everyone has a smartphone, they can get more people to play, more people interested in pokemon, more people paying for future "real" Pokemon games.

Also, mobile games are known to make lot of money. In game sales should be 30% for Apple/Google, 30% for Niantic and 30% for the Pokemon Company. From what I read, the last 10% should be for Nintendo, why? no clue. And the Pokemon Company is 33% Nintendo, 33% GameFreak, 33% Creatures Inc. Nintendo also has shares in Niantic :P

They could just test things for future games or devices, try to make Pokemon more popular (all the hypocrites who called Pokemon players "kids" and who now play it on phone kappa ), or just make money.

Overall I don't undestand the whole hype around it. Especially since there is basically no battle system (just feels like old retro sport games where you had to press buttons as fast as you can to win, RIP fingers), there is no training system, and for a game that is around "Pokemon could be real", the role play kinda dies when you just have to catch everything without thinking a tiny bit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the only one who just doesn't care... - by Apo - Jul 29, 2016, 03:46 PM