Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] I did it! My first sun team + Battle Spot victory!
Good job! And to think i get nervous if i don't win 2 out of 3 games on BP.. i guess i don't have your patience, but i appreciate your will to improve and the effort you are putting in this.

#Cherrim
I like the Big Root + Leech Seed idea, while i don't get the point of running Return (which btw requires max happiness too) instead of Energy Ball or Giga Drain (maybe you were too lazy to breed a Bold nature? :D)

#Ninetales
Toxic is not ideal in VGC since you can't really stall as in singles where you just face one opponent at a time. I can understand Heat Rock, since you want the sunlight to stay as much as possible. Ninetales has access to Confuse Ray, Pain Split, Charm/Confide/Baby-Doll Eyes too.

#M-Pidgeot
I'll quote the description of Hurricane (move): "it has 50% accuracy during intense sunlight". I don't know if it's worth it to use Mega Pidgeot in sun teams.

#Excadrill
I like Excadrill because of Mold Breaker and its fantastic Stabs, but i think this pokemon belongs to Sand teams more then to Sun ones. Howewer it can work since it checks Sylveon and CharY.

#Tyrantrum
Scarf Tyrantrum can surprise your opponent picking fast KOs, but it has the same role as Excadrill, so i would change it as you said.

#Meowstic
Meowstic is another support pokemon along with Cherrim, which has a different support movepool, yes, but they can't bring offensive pressure on the opponent so you might want only one of them or you will be unable to literally KO your opponent's pokemon (plus, they can't bring a good overall coverage)

Now you must choose between fixing your current team (moves, Ev spreads) or trying to improve it (at the cost of changing 2 or even 3 pokemons in your team - and i already have something in mind)

Messages In This Thread
RE: I did it! My first sun team + Battle Spot victory! - by GiMYz - Apr 2, 2015, 07:39 AM