Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] (VGC) Battle Spot Teams No. 1: Heavy Rain
Well Lapras those give this team some issues given that only Terrakion can do some solid damage with its STAB Close Combat. I say this since most Lapras I run into have Assault Vest so Thundurus and Ludicolo cannot one shot Nessie before it fires off some Hydro Pumps or Freeze Drys.

To be honest, this team isn't as good in the current metagame since its gets man-handled by the standard CHALK teams (especially the ones with Amoonguss-Heatran-Trick Room Cresselia). For sure this team can be improved with the EVs since those were the one I used to get the ranking in as shown. I want to say this team isn't based on Mega Scizor despite having some really good partners for it. Politoed and Ludicolo basically formed my "fast mode", Terrakion, Hydreigon and Thundurus formed my "reactionary" core to force switch outs. I like to point out that Specs Hydreigon is a force to be reckon with as a Specs Helping Hand boost Draco Meteor can punch massive holes against the teams, often to the point my opponent cannot recover quickly.

Mega Scizor was just there to pick off any remaining opposition in case any of my Pokemon failed to due their part and because it wasn't weak to Aegislash's Shadow Ball like Mega Metagross. At +2, Mega Scizor can 2HKO most teams but sadly I think that's where its main downfall lies as it fails to properly OHKO bulky Sylveon and Gardevoir without the Sword Dance. Amoonguss is a huge main to deal with which was why I'd used Heatran for a long time until I realized Hydreigon can nuke Amoonguss for massive damage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (VGC) Battle Spot Teams: Heavy Rain - by Black117 - Sep 5, 2015, 01:16 AM