Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Samurott Moveset-Tank (Assault Vest)
(Sep 9, 2015, 10:27 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Samurott @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Shell Armor  
Level: 50  
EVs: 188 HP / 12 Atk / 108 Def / 152 SpA / 48 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Scald  
- Aqua Jet  
- Ice Beam  
- Superpower

Yeah this is just to fix how the EVs were distributed. 4 EVs = 1 stat point at lvl 100 or 8 EVs = 1 stat point at lvl 50 so each stat has to have EVs that are a multiple of 4 or 8.

This is a very good write up so I must give credit where credit is due

One of the things that would really hinder Samurott in my opinion is Snarl users, mainly Arcanine and Suicune. They are common on the ladder, maybe not as common as the goodstuffs like Kang, Salamence, Aegislash etc. but they are there.

Another thing is why choose Superpower on this set if it doesn't pick up any KOs that Scald or Ice Beam can't?

Samurott has base 70 speed which is the exact amount that Bisharp has yet Bisharp isn't used as frequently in Trick Room but rather used as a max speed offensive variant. Is it possible to run Samurott like that?

Samurott also has access to Icy Wind and Helping Hand which are very good supportive options in VGC. Do you have any sets that capitalizes on these moves or is Samurott not capable of playing a supportive role?

I'm just asking questions here, no pressure or anything

But yeah, great write up Smile

Well with the way the meta is currently, you are 90% more to run into an intimidate team than snarl, And I do agree that old be an issue.

About the Superpower, while it doesn't pick up kos, it can leave quite a dent in the opponent's team, With a move like Superpower, it would do around 50% or more depending on the set, normally against Heatran and Mega Khan. Or even OHKO Bisharp on the off chance it doesn't have a sash.

Now with Bisharp, yes it has the same speed as Samurott but so does Breloom (which at least has spore to help its team out plus rage powder immunuty). However, Bisharp is more of a pure physical attacker and intimidate counter, and with Fairy types running around, Its always would be packing Iron Head, an attack which Samurott itself lacks.

I have seen and have used max speed samurott when I played singles, but for doubles, it would probably better to give it a choice scarf with Icy Wind if you wanted speed control, at that point, only thing is stopping you is a fake out, thundurus, and anything with defiant/contrary/competitive

I could see helping hand being able to work, but there pokes that have a bit more sustainability for the use of helping hand...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Samurott Moveset-Tank (Assault Vest) - by Slec - Sep 9, 2015, 09:11 AM
RE: Samurott Moveset-Tank (Assault Vest) - by SuperDaikenki - Sep 10, 2015, 11:38 AM