Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

New To VGC, need halp
Mega Gyarados is best utilized under a form of misdirection. Follow me/Rage powder for example. So pokemon like Togekiss, Amoonguss, Clefairy/Clefable work best. Amoonguss probably would work the best, assuming it resists most of Gyarados's weaknesses. You can easily D-Dance up under some misdirections.

However, you kind of have to pick your poison here. Amoonguss has Rage powder, and it only works on attacking moves. Meaning it won't misdirect status effects. Follow me on the other hand does that. So pokemon like Clefairy can follow me to take will-o and thunder wave onto it, instead of Gyarados. Play around.

Another thing thats /nice/ to have (but isn't needed) is a wide guard user. Hyper voice is one of the most common spread moves in vgc. Assuming it's from Sylveon/Gardevoir, it's gonna be a fairy move. and because it's spread, you can't misdirect it. Meaning it's gonna hit mega gyarados for super effective damage, and it's gonna hit it really hard. Wide guard stops this.

Also, you might wanna rethink EQ on Gyara. I don't feel like it's that good anymore. Landorus/Thundurus/Cresselia/M-Salamence are all so common and wont get hit by it. and mons that will get hit by it like Aegislash will survive, and commonly have weakness policy. It's really only good against heatran, who could actually be holding a berry anyways. + teams that are EQ weak can easily run wide guard.

I made a Gyarados tailwind team recently, and even made a post on it. http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-VGC-Rog...s-Tailwind

I went for dual STAB. Crunch and Waterfall, with d-dance and protect. I hope this helped.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
New To VGC, need halp - by w2gMk - Oct 4, 2015, 10:53 AM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by Jetman99 - Oct 4, 2015, 11:23 AM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by w2gMk - Oct 5, 2015, 10:45 AM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by Rogue - Oct 4, 2015, 11:52 AM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by Pokeventurer - Oct 4, 2015, 12:00 PM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by Shachi - Oct 4, 2015, 12:12 PM