Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

2015 VGC RMT (Needs major improvements)
Hey guys,
    I decided that for the first time this year I would try out VGC 2015. I have lots of experience with Smogon Singles, but I am new to doubles and could use some help with my team. I wanted to make the team around Bisharp. He is one of my favorite pokemon, and he counters Cresselia extremely well.

Bisharp @Life Orb
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Adamant/Defiant
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Protect

Absolute monster. Shuts down Gothitelle, Cresselia, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Gengar, and even more.

Lopunny @Lopunnite
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Jolly/Limber+Scrappy
-Fake Out
-Ice Punch
-High Jump Kick
-Return

I could probably use another mega here. I brought in Mega Lopunny to counter Mega Kang, but I feel like there are much better metas out there. I do not want to use Kang because I absolutely hate him, and I do not want to use Mawile either. I was thinking of using a lead Hitmontop with Quick Guard/ Wide Guard, Protect, Fake Out, and Close Combat, but I am not so sure what I would then do with my mega slot. Any suggestions?

Suicune @Rocky Helmet
252 HP, 104 Def, 60 SpD, 92 SpA
Modest/Pressure
-Scald
-Icy Wind
-Snarl
-Protect

I am not so sure about this Suicune. I would like to try and find a replacement for it but I have no idea what I should do.

Aegislash @Weakness Policy
252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Def
Quiet/Stance Change
-Flash Cannon
-Shadow Ball
-Wide Guard
-King's Shield

Aegislash allows for important Wide Guard support as well as a huge threat to fairies, psychics, and more.

SE JUN (Pachirisu) @Sitrus Berry
252 HP, 164 Def, 92 SpD
Impish/ Volt Absorb
-Nuzzle
-Super Fang
-Follow Me
-Protect

Here is another one I am unsure about. I need another support pokemon (possibly Raichu?) and I just kinda threw this in at the last second.

Mamoswine @Choice Scarf
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Icicle Crash
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Superpower

I used this set mostly to counter mega Salamence. The problem is that he shares similar weaknesses with Bisharp, and they happen to be some of the most common types in VGC.

Usually, I lead with Lopunny and Bisharp. Bisharp gets Defiant boost, Lopunny fakes out, and Ice Punch shuts down many leads.

I would love to see some feedback on this team. The only pokemon I am one hundred percent sure about keeping is Bisharp, and I need a good supporting cast with him as well as a good mega that IS NOT Kangaskhan or Mence.

Thanks,
AlmightyKevbo
I am totally with you on NOT using Megakhan or Salamence, which will be used up the wazoo. And will likely be VERY predictable.

I like your lead idea. Another thing that it might deal with that you didn't mention is Therian Landorus. Although beware of Choice Scarf ones.

I think the only thing on your team that I would change is Pachirisu. It was a great unexpected support in XY, but with now all Pokemon let out of the bag, there are other Pokemon that could fit a similar role better. In the Follow Me department, there are Togekiss, Lucario, and Clefable. If you want to draw in electric moves, cosplay Pikachu is turning out to be something unexpectedly good, assuming you use it right.

I think a really good fit for this situation though is Mega Sceptile. Having a second mega on your team is always nice in case one of them won't do well against a certain team. You could definately use another hard-hitting Special Attacker on your team, and Mega Sceptile fits that role as well as drawing in Electric attacks without the need of a redirecter move.

But if you don't absolutely need a Pokemon like that, then a Pokemon I would highly recommend is Hydreigon. It's a fantastic dragon, special attacker, and has great stats all-around. A strategy I have refused to give up on is Choice Specs in Tailwind. But Hydreigon itself can be used with using Tailwind and some other item. Since you already used your Choice Scarf and Life Orb, it's a bit limited. But if you find a way to put Tailwind onto your Suicune, then you're set.

Although, having Tailwind on your team in the first place gives you the upper hand against teams without it, as well as countering teams that rely on it.

But for starters, this is a very well-put-together team! Wink
(Dec 31, 2014, 06:09 PM)MagnusHexem Wrote: I am totally with you on NOT using Megakhan or Salamence, which will be used up the wazoo.  And will likely be VERY predictable.

I like your lead idea.  Another thing that it might deal with that you didn't mention is Therian Landorus.  Although beware or Choice Scarf ones.

I think the only thing on your team that I would change is Pachirisu.  It was a great unexpected support in XY, but with now all Pokemon let out of the bag, there are other Pokemon that could fit a similar role better.  In the Follow Me department, there are Togekiss, Lucario, and Clefable.  If you want to draw in electric moves, cosplay Pikachu is turning out to be something unexpectedly good, assuming you use it right.

I think a really good fit for this situation though is Mega Sceptile.  Having a second mega on your team is always nice in case one of them won't do well against a certain team.  You could definately use another hard-hitting Special Attacker on your team, and Mega Sceptile fits that role as well as draeing in Electric attacks without the need of a redirecter move.

But if you don't absolutely need a Pokemon like that, then a Pokemon I would highly recommend is Hydreigon.  It's a fantastic dragon, special attacker, and has great stats all-around.  A strategy I have refused to give up on is Choice Specs in Tailwind.  But Hydreigon itself can be used with using Tailwind and some other item.  Since you already used your Choice Scarf and Life Orb, it's a bit limited.  But if you find a way to put Tailwind onto your Suicune, then you're set.

Although, having Tailwind on your team in the first place gives you the upper hand against teams without it, as well as countering teams that rely on it.  

But for starters, this is a very well-put-together team! Wink

Thanks so much dude, I really appreciate the reply. I hadn't thought of the mega Sceptile. It will work brilliantly in tandem with Suicune. What do you think of Mega Gallade or a Rotom-Heat on my team? I feel like they may be able to fit in as well.
Also, do you think I should add another support pokemon in? The only real support I have is my Suicune and my Aegislash's Wide Guard.
you could replace the suicune with Slowbro/Slowking depending on whether you want Physical/Special bulk to resist the Bisharps/Mamos weaknesses (Resist the Fire and Fighting weakness they both have as well as Mamo's Steel and Water weaknesses) or you could go with the Rotom-W (Rotom-W resists the the same things as Slowbro/Slowking mentioned above except Fighting which Aegislash is immune to, as well as resisting the Flying weakness on M-Lopunny and only having a grass weakness) Note that both of these options will give you an extra grass weakness which your team doesnt have much to deal with. Lopunny can deal with pesky Ferrothorn and if you added Slowbro/Slowking you would be able to hit M-Venusaur hard (Granted he does not KO you first as you are weak to him as well). I'm not much of a battler so I could be completely wrong with this suggestion but I do enjoy teambuilding and this is what my thoughts were glancing over your team :D

EDIT: I forgot I suggested getting rid of the Suicune for either of these, so you wouldn't gain a grass weakness, just trade one poke that is weak to grass.
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(Dec 31, 2014, 06:15 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote: you could replace the suicune with Slowbro/Slowking depending on whether you want Physical/Special bulk to resist the Bisharps/Mamos weaknesses (Resist the Fire and Fighting weakness they both have as well as Mamo's Steel and Water weaknesses) or you could go with the Rotom-W (Rotom-W resists the the same things as Slowbro/Slowking mentioned above except Fighting which Aegislash is immune to, as well as resisting the Flying weakness on M-Lopunny and only having a grass weakness) Note that both of these options will give you an extra grass weakness which your team doesnt have much to deal with. Lopunny can deal with pesky Ferrothorn and if you added Slowbro/Slowking you would be able to hit M-Venusaur hard (Granted he does not KO you first as you are weak to him as well). I'm not much of a battler so I could be completely wrong with this suggestion but I do enjoy teambuilding and this is what my thoughts were glancing over your team :D

That is a great idea! Thank you so much. Do you think a Rocky Helmet would work on Slowbro?
(Dec 31, 2014, 06:23 PM)AlmightyKevbo Wrote:
(Dec 31, 2014, 06:15 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote: you could replace the suicune with Slowbro/Slowking depending on whether you want Physical/Special bulk to resist the Bisharps/Mamos weaknesses (Resist the Fire and Fighting weakness they both have as well as Mamo's Steel and Water weaknesses) or you could go with the Rotom-W (Rotom-W resists the the same things as Slowbro/Slowking mentioned above except Fighting which Aegislash is immune to, as well as resisting the Flying weakness on M-Lopunny and only having a grass weakness) Note that both of these options will give you an extra grass weakness which your team doesnt have much to deal with. Lopunny can deal with pesky Ferrothorn and if you added Slowbro/Slowking you would be able to hit M-Venusaur hard (Granted he does not KO you first as you are weak to him as well). I'm not much of a battler so I could be completely wrong with this suggestion but I do enjoy teambuilding and this is what my thoughts were glancing over your team :D

That is a great idea! Thank you so much. Do you think a Rocky Helmet would work on Slowbro?

Yeah a Rocky Helmet could definitely work on Slowbro with his Defensive bulk.
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
Suicune is actually an underrated threat in the new VGC format as it can support its team with speed control (tailwind, icy wind) and snarl spam to counteract special attackers. I think you already know about this set but calm mind suicune can work as as an effective wall/tank capable of sweeping frailer unprepared teams. While slowbro is an interesting option, it's going to get worn down almost immediately with power attackers like mega kang, hydregion, bisharp, mega gardevoir, mega char y, aegislash, crunch mega gyarados, etc. What really concerns me about this team is Pachurisu is the weakest link to this team like or or not. With basically all the subpar legends getting use and with it the inevitable power creep, Pachurisu doesn't have much of a nich anymore other than a follow me redirection user. Quite frankly, Togekiss/Amoonguss are better to use as it it resolves your ground weakness a bit (wide guard aegislash can't hold off eqs all day). Hope this helps.
This team is using 3 of the same mons that I am testing out right now (Bisharp, Mega Lopunny and Pachirisu), And even though I am not an expert competitive battler by any means I am finding that a Mega Lopunny and a Follow Me on Pachi works amazing as a lead. Fake one the main threat, follow me, to redirect the other, and you shut down your opponent turn one. I myself am still tweaking my team for the current meta, and am just breeding all kinds of competitive level pokemon and seeing what works well together.

As for your request for your request of a suggestion, you have mamoswine and mega lopunny with ice coverage, so if you are concerned with sala, an ice punch from lopunny should take care of it, but if you are worried about an aerialate Hyper voice, you can use something like a greninja Ice beam that has better coverage then mamoswine and can switch it's typing so your weakness isnt always the same
You could consider Amoonguss to replace Pachi. It can still redirect with Rage Powder and synergizes well with Suicune.