Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening
This is probably my favorite 3DS game of all time. I can play it over and over and never get tired of it. I love to talk about strategies and game play. So if you want to talk about Fire Emblem: Awakening this is the place! Skill sets, character classing, supports. I could talk about this game all day!
I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME! STUPID ORAS!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
I love this game, but I refuse to play Lunatic +. Beating Lunatic was good enough for me, and Lunatic + is just too damn luck based.  Sad
I've always wanted to get this game but I'd end up getting something else instead and I should stop letting myself do that because it does look really good. Once I've finished Alpha Sapphire and have no other games to play, I'm gonna give this a bash.
(Nov 16, 2014, 08:50 PM)zenophobia Wrote: I love this game, but I refuse to play Lunatic +. Beating Lunatic was good enough for me, and Lunatic + is just too damn luck based.  Sad

I managed to beat Luna+ on a casual play through after about a million resets. I haven't dared to try it on classic mode... I don't think I could handle it
(Nov 16, 2014, 08:54 PM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote:
(Nov 16, 2014, 08:50 PM)zenophobia Wrote: I love this game, but I refuse to play Lunatic +. Beating Lunatic was good enough for me, and Lunatic + is just too damn luck based.  Sad

I managed to beat Luna+ on a casual play through after about a million resets. I haven't dared to try it on classic mode... I don't think I could handle it

Got half way through my Lunatic+ run and then accidentally erased all my files during a system transfer. Took me a looooong time for my Pokemon Y hours to surpass my Fire Emblem Awakening hours. As fun as it was, I'm hoping that the next installment will be longer, have a better story, and be even more innovative. Sort of like Radiant Dawn but if they could make it even longer and with better character availability that would be absolutely incredible. Awakening was good but it just didn't seem enough like the previous installments.
(Nov 16, 2014, 09:03 PM)Joushou Wrote:

Got half way through my Lunatic+ run and then accidentally erased all my files during a system transfer. Took me a looooong time for my Pokemon Y hours to surpass my Fire Emblem Awakening hours. As fun as it was, I'm hoping that the next installment will be longer, have a better story, and be even more innovative. Sort of like Radiant Dawn but if they could make it even longer and with better character availability that would be absolutely incredible. Awakening was good but it just didn't seem enough like the previous installments.

I know what you mean, but they added a bunch of cool features to I tried to overlook the small stuff. The casual mode let me get into the game more because when I played earlier versions a character would die and I would reset and then just quit. Also the Hubba Tester is perfect to amuse me for hours. Maybe the next game will stay truer to its Fire Emblem roots. Awakening was almost the last game in the series, so they had to go all out. Now that it's a hit, they may make another that's more similar to Radiant Dawn. Radiant Dawn was one of my favorites, but I love the new features of Awakening too. I can't choose a favorite. XD
(Nov 16, 2014, 09:12 PM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote:
(Nov 16, 2014, 09:03 PM)Joushou Wrote:

I know what you mean, but they added a bunch of cool features to I tried to overlook the small stuff. The casual mode let me get into the game more because when I played earlier versions a character would die and I would reset and then just quit. Also the Hubba Tester is perfect to amuse me for hours. Maybe the next game will stay truer to its Fire Emblem roots. Awakening was almost the last game in the series, so they had to go all out. Now that it's a hit, they may make another that's more similar to Radiant Dawn. Radiant Dawn was one of my favorites, but I love the new features of Awakening too. I can't choose a favorite. XD

I would also hope that the success of JRPGs such as Valyria Chronicles for PC shows the developers what kind of content we really want. A lot of games are filled with lots of little things these days that take away from the main experience of the game instead of adding onto it and I really hope Fire Emblem doesn't continue along that trend.
I beat Lunatic on Classic no problem, Lunatic + was sadly another story, I ran in to a similar situation to this in my Lunatic + run (basically in this video the player is literally in a situation where it would be impossible to win regardless of luck, IE every single random ability in Lunatic+ is unfair):

(Nov 16, 2014, 09:44 PM)zenophobia Wrote: I beat Lunatic on Classic no problem, Lunatic + was sadly another story, I ran in to a similar situation to this in my Lunatic + run (basically in this video the player is literally in a situation where it would be impossible to win regardless of luck, IE every single random ability in Lunatic+ is unfair):

Poor Frederick doesn't even stand a chance.