Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Anime Nerd here. What's your fave anime: Current Season and All Time?
Hey guys, Tharsin here.  I've been on the threads for a bit, but just finding the anime section here, lol.  I am a huge anime fan and have been for over 20 years.  I worked at an anime memorabilia store for a while, and have a pretty decent collection of anime statues (primarily Saber from Fate/Stay Night XD)  I'm always looking for a good anime to watch, and have a ton of anime I can recommend if anyone is looking for  a good show to watch in any genre =)  I am also a huge Pokemon player, working on getting my living dex before Sun & Moon come out this Fall/Winter.  Having said that, i am watching A LOT of anime while i breed out and hunt for my Pokemon.  What are your guy's favorite anime's?  All Time and Current Season?  Some recommendations from you guys would be great!  Mine are listed below, if you'd like more detail on either, i am happy to provide, just short on time (on my short work break, lol).  Looking forward to your replies!

Favorite All Time Anime:  Fate/Stay Night series

Favorite Current Season:  Konosuba:  God's Blessing on this Wonderful World
My favorite all time anime would have to be Fairy Tail. My second favorite would be Log Horizon. I'm a big fan of animes with a fantasy world as the setting. My favorite anime from 2016 would be Boku dake ga Inai Machi, but a close second would be Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
Hi :D I'm not really an anime fan (I prefer to read manga) but I really liked Hellsing Ultimate and right now I'm watching Assassination Classroom, which I started to watch since I loved the manga.
Yeah, Assassination Classroom is definitely awesome. But my current obsession is Attack on Titan. The wait for Season 2 is killing me! Luckily, there is a similar anime which came out recently called Kotetsujou no Kabaneri with 4 episodes so far. It's helping with the wait... T-T
@Excalibur0126 I loved the first season of Log Horizon, can't wait to watch the second season. Danmachi was amazing also, Hestia is Bestia, the spinoff season for Aiz should be amazing.  I really wanted to get into Fairy Tale more, but after 100 or so episodes, it is just getting too repetitive for me.  I love the characters though, so can't knock the show, just not for me right now.  If you haven't yet, check out "Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash".  If you are into trapped in a fantasy world setting, you will like it.  A little slow to start (i'm only 4 episodes in), but it has begun to get kind of dark (which I am a fan of).

@Meluem92 I watched the original Hellsing, but not Ultimate yet.  I also started ***. Class, but couldn't get that into it either.  It was decent, i just fell off it fast.

I will amend my previous statement as well, "Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma" was my favorite of 2016, and will be again when new episodes begin to air in July =)
@ForestEmerald Kotetsujou no Kabaneri  is "Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress" right?  Haven't seen it yet but have been dying to check it out.
I tried getting into Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, but I'm more of a fan of when the characters have knowledge of their past experiences instead of having their memories erased. I'm currently waiting for more episodes in Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu as I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
Well my favorite anime of the current season ist Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?

and of all time would be either Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso or One Punch Man   C:
Haven't seen that one yet. I will have to check that one out as well =)
All time is a toughie, mmm. Current season I'm not sure about either, ahh. I'll come back to this.