Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Anime Nerd here. What's your fave anime: Current Season and All Time?
I have a soft spot for magical girl anime so Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha has to be amongst my all time faves. That and Madoka.

I normally can't stand sports anime but who else was blown away by Yuri!!! On Ice? Yuri's been my life for the past month haha
(May 31, 2016, 06:29 PM)Lythania Wrote: Oh boy.. Now I find myself wishing that I actually had a list of every anime I've ever watched. My memory is too horrible for me to truly participate in this thread. XD

I've watched way too many different animes to ever settle on a favorite, but my original/first favorite series was Sailor Moon. I remember how I used to bolt into the house after being dropped off from school to record the episodes on VHS. xD I'm still a fan of it but nothing beats how fanatical I was back then. I still own a lot of various merchandise from that time. They're doing another take on the anime (Sailor Moon Crystal), and I am enjoying it, even though the CGI transformation scenes seriously annoy me lol.

I watched my first anime movie with my mother back before either of us even knew what anime was. Galaxy Express 999 was amazing and totally opened my eyes to anime. (Sorry that the link is an english dub, couldn't seem to find it with english subs instead.) Speaking of which.. The same artist--Leiji Matsumoto--also animated the Daft Punk music video series (Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem). Does anyone else remember when Toonami aired those? They were awesome!

Sailor Moon was my whole childhood! I couldn't enjoy Crystal though (season 3 was a lot improved but still felt weak compared to the original anime)... Hopefully it'll keep improving!
Some of my favs are Kuragehime, Assassination Classroom, and Yuri!! On ICE. I dunno about you, but i'm a sucker for subtle romances.  Blush Although, if I were forced to pick an all time favorite, I'd go with Ouran Highschool Host Club.