Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Allegro Show Episode 1 (w/ Guest: @Elly)
Welcome to the Allegro Show! A new weekly variety thread that wil
l showcase an interview with a guest, a battle of the week submitted by any volunteer from Pokémon Showdown, and a few more random segments about Pokemon. Thia is Episode 1 of Season. If you would like to be a guest and would like to be interviewed personally on the Showdown chat, don't hesitate to volunteer! I am looking for one guest to interview each week. Please PM me with a link to a showdown replay if you want to shine in the "Battle of the Week." Each segment will have a post on the thread shortly! Check below for this week's segments and the next guest!

Season 1 Episode 1: OTL Battles, The MetaGrOscars, and More! w/Elly
This Week's Guest: My Good Online Friend, @"Elly"

Each segment of the episode has its own section below on the thread!)
Interview with Guest! @"Elly"
(Next Week's Guest: @naitre)
Battle of the Week! Tier: UU
Pokemon Spotlight: Garchomp
Latest Threads to Check Out!
Shimono Hiro!

Special Interview with @"Elly"
(Note: I had to cut a few questions from this interview for space sake. Some of the cut questions and responses might be edited in later.)

Question 1) When and why did start you playing Pokemon?
Elly: "Well I watched the anime when I was a little youngster, and when I was like ten, my cousin showed me the games and I liked them. I guess I liked it because I liked dinosaurs, and I remember liking Charmander. Dinosaurs are cool...
Allegro: Dinosaurs are cool! I watched the anime first too. My cousin showed me the games afterwards just like you! I guess Charmander does remind people of Dinosaurs... on to the next question...

What was your most difficult battle recently?
Elly: "Well, I've been laddering for the OTL on Pokémon Showdown lately, and I have been encountering stall teams. It's not like they're good or make good plays, their Pokémon just won't die! Stall makes me sad."
Allegro: All I have to say for all of those stall teams out there is that they suck. It is annoying to deal with, and like you said, sometimes it isn't that they are skilled or make good plays, it comes down to constant stalling and wearing your Pokemon and PP down. #Stop

What is your favorite Pokémon from each gen
Elly: 1) Blastoise/Raichu/Sandslash 2) Lanturn/Azumarill 3) Sceptile 4) Tangrowth 5) Serperior/Scolipede 6) Slurpuff/Doublade
Allegro: "I agree with you on Blastoise. It's a beast. Azumarill is great because it has a killer Moveset competitively, plus it's adorable. Serperior and Doublade are in my Top 12 Favorite Pokemon/Evolution Lines."

Who would you nominate for "Most Generous User," on Pokémon Forever?
Elly: "Easily Naitre, even though she's a nerd that doesn't think Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda Game. She helped me a bunch for free and she is always doing giveaways. She's just a very sweet person who I can't thank enough. (Allegro Note: A cinnamon bun? :D )
Allegro: I call those kinds of people Cinnamon Buns in my mind. I agree that she deserves the title of most Generous User on the Forum. She is going to help me with my giveaway too! Battle Ready Garchomps incoming!

The best Pokémon game to this day?
Elly: HeartGold and SoulSilver. I also like ORAS and X/Y but not as much.
Allegro: Soul Silver was the first Pokémon I personally owned. At first I didn't like it as much as the one my cousin played with me, Platinum maybe? At that point I didn't realize that it was a remake, and now, to this day, I feel nostalgia every time I play it.

What are your thoughts on Pokémon Sun and Moon's Team Skull?
Elly:"Although they look a bit like Emo's, they are pretty cool and they actually look like bad guys, so a I like them." (Allegro Note: That is offensive yet encouraging to Emo users dude.)
[align=justify][color=#000080]Allegro: I like them too, everything from their designs, grunts, the leader, Guzma of course, and the classic use of Zubat on Evil Teams again!

What is your favorite Champion to this day?
Elly: "Blue, because hereally has that rival vibe and he was so annoying/sassy during the whole game that I was actually happy to beat him. It was one of the most hype moments in pokemon.
Allegro: Even though Cynthia and Steven are my favorite Champions in the series, Blue is such a good champion and character overall, because he was your first first battle and then the final battle before finishing the game. He came way from being the rival, to the champion if the Indigo League!

That is only 7 Out of 11 Question from the interview! The cut questions and responses will be added later! The Host's Cuts!

The next post should be the battle of the week! It is a random UU Battle I found on Showdown! Enjoy! The link will be in the post.
Shimono Hiro!

This a battle replay from pokemonisfun, the highest ranked player on the UU ladder. The other user featured in the replay, is RackMC. This battle has a lot of switches in it, but it is a cool battle none the less.
Shimono Hiro!

Pokemon Spotlight:

Garchomp

Garchomp is one of my favorite Dragon types, along with Tyrantrum. Garchomp has been in the series for a long time. The most famous Garchomp in the games has got to be Cynthia's Garchomp from the Gen 4 Games. For a lot of people, she was the most difficult champion due to her balanced team, and that Garchomps! Gible has some very good Egg Moves that it can use competitively, like:
1)Dragon Dance
2)Iron Head (For Fairies and Slow Ice Types!)
3)Outrage (Offensive Beast!)
Draco Meteor is better than Outrage people...

Garchomp was the first and still is the only Dragon/Ground type Pokémon Evolution line in the Games. Even though it is x4 Weak to Ice, it is a very hard-hitting Physical Attacker that can devastate many other Dragons. It can also combat Ice Types and Grass Types because of its very useful Iron Head and Fire Blast. Garchomp is a Pokémon that almost everyone knows about. It is the Pokemon Spotlight of the Week because of the pure strength it has, and it's a very prominant threat to your team in 4th Gen. It has a unique typing, and is overall one of the best Dragon Types, (Although Goodra and Dragonite are cool. Tyrantrum too.)
Shimono Hiro!

This is a really cool idea! I volunteer to be on the third episode if that ok Smile Im not gonna lie, it seriously surprised me that this was even made, but it still rocks.
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
(Aug 16, 2016, 07:02 AM)MistressGlaceon Wrote: This is a really cool idea! I volunteer to be on the third episode if that ok Smile Im not gonna lie, it seriously surprised me that this was even made, but it still rocks.
Wow, so now there are two people wanting to guest now. You and @ChaseInfinity
Now I have a it of people I want on the show:
@ChaseInfinity Volunteer
@"MistressGlaceon" You/Volunteer
@Marcusube (This could be an interesting battle themed episode.)
@BoneheadMarowak is super nice!
@moo311 Although, I don't know if he would have time for that.
@Levi15791 I don't know much about him since he returned, it could be cool.
These are my current thoughts. I think this season is only gonna be like 10 or 12 Episodes. It is weekly but high school is coming up soon, so the show might take a long hiatus until afterwards. Sadly... :s
EDIT: School for me starts August 31, so that would be in like 2 weeks. Next week is Naitre's and the next one is up for you and Chase to decide. On the bright side, now that I have launched it, and I have 1 week in between each episode, the quality of info will be better, and maybe I can have like 5 or 6 Segments! BTW I will work on the "Latest Threads you should check out" segment.
Shimono Hiro!

(Aug 16, 2016, 07:39 AM)naitre Wrote: Don't forget our resident nerd @Justin !
Oh yeah, I just didn't know if he would like to do that kind of thing, but now that I think about it, he would probably be up for it anytime! (Unless he can't due to health.) Also, later is a good time for the cloning? What is a good amount in your opinion?

Oh yeah, the Garchomp isn't hacked, and it is Lv. 100. (I think when I bred it, it was 6 IVs.)
Shimono Hiro!

@"MistressGlaceon" can go before me, it doesnt matter which order i go in :P
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Aug 16, 2016, 07:51 AM)naitre Wrote: @"Allegro2015" he would totally do it I'm sure if you just message him the questions so he can answer them at his leisure Smile but ask of course! I can clone as many as you have enough Pokemon to trade for. I should be back around 2 pm EST today or so
You are not online probably, but I will catch enough for them I literally cleared like half my boxes the other day. So I could make space for boxes full of just eggs. Also, I will be online at that time, yay!
Shimono Hiro!

Oh wow, you defintely put a lot of effort into this, really well thought out idea! Smile Classes start back for me on the 22nd, so even if I'm not the guest for that week, I think we could do the interview over the weekend if that's cool? Then you can just use it for whichever week someone else isn't available