Poll: What should the guild distribute next?
This poll is closed.
Dragon-Types
54.55%
12 54.55%
Pikachu Clones
22.73%
5 22.73%
Hidden Ability Starters
22.73%
5 22.73%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[CLOSED] Amethyst 0mega Presents: BR Fossil Pokémon Giveaway!
Hey everybody! It's 0kamii, and my guild and I are thrilled to commence our very first distribution!

So about three weeks ago when I first put up the poll asking people what they wanted to see from us for our first event, I was sure that the 'Surprise Us' category was going to win. Turns out, as I have been about a lot of things recently, I was wrong. The bulk of the people reading and voting wanted to see us give away fossil pokémon. So guess what? That's exactly what we did! Below we've complied a list of all the legal VGC fossil pokémon this format, and we've customized their movesets and ability, as well as EV trained them ourselves and power-leveled them all to 50 for your convenience. Keep in mind that there are only 5 of each mon available, so if you want one, swoop in and grab it fast! A big thanks to guild members @ScottyThunder and @RetroTyphlosion for all the effort they sunk into this event to make it what it is. And @wartty and @TestarudoRi, don't worry. You guys will be plenty helpful in the next one. Wink

The fossil pokémon we have to distribute are as followed:

Aerodactyl
Aerodactyl
Nature: Jolly (+Speed/ -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
Moveset:
Protect
Wide Guard
Tailwind
Rock Slide

There aren't many ways to get creative with an Aerodactyl this metagame, but thanks to various speed control requirements Aerodactyl has a nice niche role as a Tailwind user. When you use Aerodactyl, make sure to give it a Focus Sash so it can survive longer than a hit. Wide Guard is there for utility against spread moves like Rock Slide, Discharge, Dazzling Gleam, and Muddy Water. Even if you don't play VGC, the Aerodactyl we're distributing have their Hidden Ability, Unnerve. If nothing else, I think y'alls can make use of that!

Bastiodon
[Image: bastiodon.png]
Nature: Careful (+Sp. Def/-Sp. Atk)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp. Def
Moveset:
Protect
Metal Burst
Toxic
Wide Guard

This set for Bastiodon is taken straight from my very own VGC analysis of the not-so-loved Gen 4 fossil. Bastiodon is a very surprising pokémon when it comes to VGC, and I have had a ton of fun throwing them into the thick of things. The EV spread is standard and lets the Shield Pokémon survive many a hit. Wide Guard serves the same function on Bastiodon as it does on Aerodactyl, and I would suggest pairing it with something to mitigate Bastiodon's 4x weaknes to Ground-Types, if the Air Balloon it's meant to have won't do that already. Bastiodon does not have its Hidden Ability, but only because we all know it's terrible. But you can read about that over this way: (http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-VGC-Bas...pid=240556).

Rampardos
[Image: rampardos.png]
Nature: Brave (+Atk /-Speed)
Ability: Sheer Force
IVs: 0 Speed
EVs: 16 HP/ 252 Atk/ 220 Def/ 20 Sp. Def
Moveset:
Protect
Earthquake
Crunch
Rock Slide

Not much to say about Rampardos. I have a whole VGC analysis of this bad boy right here: (http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-VGC-Ram...ith-0kamii). While Rampardos may not be the best in VGC, that doesn't mean he can't make a dent in the opponent's team if you use him properly. Give him the proper support and it can easily sweep teams, I know. I've done it. While Rampardos' strength lies in its teammates, giving it powerful spread moves like Earthquake and Rock Slide let it take down powerful foes, and with the boosted damage from Sheer Force, you'll be struggling to survive a hit from it. Give it a Life Orb, and set up Trick Room, and our Rampardos will put in work for you!

Archeops
[Image: archeops.png]
Nature: Jolly (+Speed /-Sp. Atk)
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Sp. Def/ 252 Speed
Moveset:
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Aerial Ace
Roost

A big thanks to @RetroTyphlosion for coming up with the final two sets used in this giveaway! Retro designed this set for Archeops to be an all-out attacker, and not to apologize for it! Crunch and Dragon Claw provide coverage, and Aerial Ace provides good STAB while Roost nullifies the negative effects of Defeatist. If we had our way, we would've bred our Archen without Defeatist, but since that is Archen's only ability, there isn't much we could have done. But still, Archeops is fun to use in recreationals, and he'll make a hilarious addition to anyone's roster. For this set, we'd recommend a Flyinium Z.

Carracosta
[Image: carracosta.png]
Nature: Relaxed (+Def /-Speed)
Ability: Solid Rock
IVs: 0 Speed
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Def
Moveset:
Crunch
Wide Guard
Waterfall
Rock Slide

And the last pokemon featured in Amethyst 0mega's debut giveaway, raised with all the love and care that goes into legitimately breeding quality BR mons, is Carracosta. The typical set for this turtle that I see involves Shell Smash, but Retro decided to be a little unorthodox and designed a set for Carracosta to be used in Trick Room, hence the Relaxed nature. Solid Rock dampens that horrid 4x Grass-Type weakness, and it just seems like every fossil pokémon and their dog gets Wide Guard. But you know what? if it ain't broke, don't fix it! And to conclude the items, give this lug a Weakness Policy. You'll see...

If you want any of the above mons to add to your team, whether it'd be for VGC, or just for fun, here's the instructions:

[Image: finneon.png]

1) Fly to Hau'oli City
2) Surf in the bay
3) Catch a Finneon
4) Nickname it: 0mega
5) Deposit it into the GTS
6) Request which Fossil you want with a comment below
7) If you want an Aerodactyl, Bastiodon, or Rampardos, @ me, 0kamii. For Archeops and Carracosta, @ RetroTyphlosion

Well, that's all for Amethyst 0mega's first giveaway! Thank you to everyone that made this little event possible, and I'll be sure to post future giveaway ideas in the poll above. But before I close, I'd like to remind everyone that we're breeders, not genners. If a non-perfect mon doesn't appeal to you, that's your own problem. We raise and nuture our pokémon from the ground up, and hatching a pokémon from an egg and raising it into the beast it eventually becomes is far more gratifying than genning one will ever be! Besides, most of the items we've described are easily accessible in-game anyway! No one ever became the very best like no one ever was through idle action! Tongue

See you everyone, and thanks so much again! I'll read you all soon! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

Update: 6/22 - 12:55am

Thank you to everyone that participated in our first giveaway. Most of our stock is gone and the rest remains untraded and will be put into Wonder Trade. We look forward to seeing you all at our next giveaway, but for now, Amethyst 0mega's first distribution is officially closed! Read you all soon, and battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hey, just so you know servers are down.
@0kamii  Rampardos
I'll put it up the moment I can
@Reis 

Oh, yes. I aware. What bad timing, huh? I'll be glad to send you one of our Rampardos as soon as the server is back up. Gees, talk about luck of the draw. First the battle, now this on the same day as server maintenance. I guess Arceus just isn't with me today. Dodgy

- 0kamii

(Jun 19, 2017, 05:59 PM)0kamii Wrote: @Reis 

Oh, yes. I aware. What bad timing, huh? I'll be glad to send you one of our Rampardos as soon as the server is back up. Gees, talk about luck of the draw. First the battle, now this on the same day as server maintenance. I guess Arceus just isn't with me today. Dodgy

- 0kamii

You meant rattata, the only mon you need for fighting an arceus Smile
@0kamii could I please snag an aerodactyl!
I'll deposit my level 1 male finneon when the servers go back up
@NotsoEpicM Of course! That Aerodactyl will be all yours as soon as the server goes back up. Bad timing, huh? Undecided

- 0kamii

@0kamii I've been searching for this hidden ability aerodactyl
For over a month now I don't mind the little wait. lol but agreed
Bad timing! Thank you
welp servers are UP so here's my request!

Request #1
IGN: Ian
Deposited: Finneon (0mega) | 1 | Female | DiveBall
Requested: Bastiodon (level 50 if i'm not mistaken?)

Thanks!
@element_x49 Thanks for participating, element! Your Bastiodon has been sent. Treat him well! Feel free to request another if you'd like. Smile

- 0kamii

@0kamii I went ahead and deposited the level one finneon
Thanks again!