Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Fairy-Types
0%
0 0%
Poison-Types
100.00%
6 100.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Eeveelutions!
[Image: d9e09b42483591.57cf987a00aef.jpg]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and tonight I want to talk about the most lovable kitsune in Pokémon! Eevee!

Hailing all the way from Gen 1, the appeal of Eevee is undeniable. It's cute, unbearably animated, and it has one of the most geniusly gender-neutral designs of any pokémon, making it easily lovable by all. While some people will activately depise popular pokémon because they're popular, I am not one of those people. I think Eevee is well-deserving of its fame, and from its expression in its official artwork, it looks pretty happy with it too. Eevee also holds the distinction of being the only pokémon in the game that completely changes its Type upon evolving. There are nine different evolutions for this little guy, and honestly, if you don't already know them then you probably stumbled onto the wrong website. In which case, welcome to PokémonForever! Now excuse us while we gush over this Japanese fox-cat. Or rather, it's evolutions. My personal favorite Eeveelution is:

Jolteon
[Image: tumblr_myrd71ItPH1scncwdo1_500.gif]

No moveset today, as I've already covered Jolteon's moveset in a different post. Getting into why Jolteon is my favorite of the nine to choose from, it actually starts in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. Anyone that's read enough of my posts knows that I'm a huge advocate for playing the Gen 3 GameCube titles Colosseum and XD. At the beginning of XD, you're given the option of evolving your starter, an Eevee, into one of the then five Eeveelutions, being Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Umbreon, and Espeon. The first time I played XD, I chose Vaporeon. However, towards the end of the game, after I'd arrived as Citadark Isle, my save file got corrupted and I had to restart. At the time, Vaporeon was my favorite Eeveelution, and I didn't want to risk losing it again, so I chose a different evolution for the seond go-round. That choice was Jolteon. We powered through the game together, and he made an excellent partner for Lugia when it came time for Mt. Battle and Orre Colosseum.

And now, almost ten years later, Jolteon is still my favorite. It's fast, has great Sp. Attack, and is probably the only Eeveelution that has been consistently usable in battle. So much so, that I actually used one my Battle Tree team when I beat Blue. If you want to see that team, you can read about it here. While nostalgia serves as the bedrock for my love of Jolteon, the proceeding layers are nothing except battling prowess, and overall awesomeness. The only real competition I can see for Jolteon in the future is if Game Freak decides to make a Poison, or a Dragon-Type Eeveelution. But until that day, Jolteon reigns supreme. I only wish it had a better Shiny...

[Image: ShinyJolteonanimated.gif~c200]

Other Eeveelutions I adore are:

Umbreon Leafeon Eevee

Umbreon is probably the most sinister of the Eeveelutions, which is a sharp contrast to how friendly most of the others look. It gives Umbreon an aura of mystery that the others simply don't have. Not to mention that I used one countless time while playing through Pokémon Colosseum, and that it has an AMAZING Shiny, Umbreon is definitely a favorite. As I believe it is for most people. Not so for Leafeon, however. When you saw Leafeon on there, y'all probably thought I was crazy. Well, I am. So you'd be right. But the real reason I adore Leafeon is because of its antithetical design, being both simple and intricate, as well as the fact that it probably as the most useful Hidden Ability of any Eeveelution in Chlorophyll. While I'll be the first to admit that Leafeon stats are a little weird, 110 Attack and 95 Speed are perfectly usable on the right team, and I'd happily use a Chlorophyll Leafeon over Tangrowth any day. And lastly, Flaine would probably break up with me if I didn't mention his all-time favorite pokémon. Not only is the original baby fox cute, but thanks to the addition of Eevium Z, the little guy finally has use outside its evolutions. Is it gimmicky? Probably. Our former World Champ, Wolfey Glicke, has a great video on his YouTube channel about how to use Eevee in competitive play if you, like my partner, have always preferred the kitsune in its original form. It's cute, and powerful. What else could you want?

That's going to be it for my Saturday post. Honestly, with all the hours I've been working the last two weeks, coupled with the fact that I've missed more posts in the last month than in the entirety of my PokémonForever career, I think my posting schedule is in need of a second overhaul. I'll keep everyone updated on that, but in the meantime, be sure to check out some of my other "All Our Favorite" posts if there's a certain Type you just have to talk about, tell me what your favorite Eeveelution is in the thread below, and be on the lookout for Amethyst 0mega's next giveaway. Coming soon.

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. I take no credit for the cover picture. All credit goes to Rocky Gonzales on their Behance page. If you'd like individual copies of all these Eeveelutions, they have them all uploaded separately. You'll probably find the one you want pretty easily.Wink
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for today's post I feel like tagging users: @dmann, @Healfiren, @Madigine, and new user @RaltsMaster. Your QOTD is:

What is your favorite Eeveelution (if any)? What's your favorite way to use it?

Looking forward to all the crazy and critical answers! Thanks for keeping it G-rated around here!Wink

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

I too, like Jolteon, but Eevee is my favorite
OU MASTER RACE
Umbreon.  It's shiny looks amazing.
(Nov 18, 2017, 11:59 PM)0kamii Wrote: Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for today's post I feel like tagging users: @dmann, @Healfiren, @Madigine, and new user @RaltsMaster. Your QOTD is:

What is your favorite Eeveelution (if any)? What's your favorite way to use it?

Looking forward to all the crazy and critical answers! Thanks for keeping it G-rated around here!Wink

- 0kamii

Leafeon. It's design just stands out some reason. Plus it's ear leaf things on its heads look so fancy.
I personally like Umbreon, but there are many contenders like Jolteon, Glaceon, Sylveon and Espeon. Umbreon contrasts Eevee's naive happy-jumpy attitude with someone who has experienced the hardships in life, which I quite like as it seems more "real" then the optimistic outlook.

@0kamii Also, you don't happen to be able to get purification moves up to gen 6-7? Been looking for Follow Me Magmar and Electabuzz for ages with no luck Sad
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
It is really hard to pick a favorite, In terms of design I really like leafeon but I also really like the other eeveelutions and I actually agree with 0kamii's list of others adored as those 3 are really good. I always liked water types so I also really liked to have vaporeon in my team in older games but I always bred the original eevee and never evolved the original

When I was a kid playing through HGSS I thought Flareon was the coolest thing on the planet! While he isn't very good competively, it never hurts to have a little fun with an old favorite! I use a choice band set

[Image: flareon.png]

Flareon @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Double-Edge

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
Well, I think it's obvious which eeveelution is my favorite; vaporeon. Its design is amazing, the stats are great, and it was the first eeveelution I had. It's also a water type, my favorite type.
I really like Leafeons shiny, as weird as it sounds

[Image: leafeon.png] vs  [Image: leafeon.png]

The shiny version looks like it is full of leaf stuff (top kek). It looks like someone watered their leafeon a lot, and now it grew big and strong