Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Fairy-Types
0%
0 0%
Steel-Types
100.00%
4 100.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Kanto Pokémon!
[Image: latest?cb=20121022074324]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and for today's post as promised, I'm bring you "All Our Favorite Kanto Pokémon"! A topic I'm sure you've all been eager to discuss.

Most everyone remembers Gen 1 fondly, the Genwunners among us especially, but without it, Pokémon as we know it would not exist. It was the beginning, the start, the genesis of the series we've all come to know and love. As such, I'm sure there are certain pokémon from Kanto that you've just never seem to have gotten out of your head. For me personally, Gen 3 was where I started. Pokémon Sapphire version was my first game, with FireRed and LeafGreen soon after. Gen 1 was in some ways a palette wipe for me, bringing me back to the series' origin before I started playing Pokémon on the DS, and later 3DS. As such, there are numerous pokémon from these games that have stuck with me through the years. However, there's just one issue. I've made over 100 threads on this site (yes, I can't believe it either), and most of my favorite Kanto pokémon have already appeared in separate posts. So, I was forced to dig a little deeper and pull out some unexpected choices. That being said, my personal favorite Kanto pokémon is:

Dragonite

My love for Dragonite was documented way back in June of last year when I made my All Our Favorite Dragon Pokémon post, so if you care to learn why Dragonite is my favorite, feel free to pop back there. For this post, much in the same way I gave the spotlight to my second favorite Ice-Type in my last "All Our Favorite" post, this week I'm actually giving the spotlight to what could easily be my very first pokémon love affair. And that pokémon happens to be:

Ninetales

[Image: latest?cb=20130528060440]
Ninetales
@ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power - Ice

Picture if you will, a young Oai'i playing Pokémon Sapphire version in 2003. I'm on Mt. Pyre, chasing Team Aqua, and out of the haze comes a small, red, multi-tailed fox. I was completely smitten! I needed to have it, I wanted one for my team! I knew nothing about it, only that it was tiny, cute, and a fox. Upon being caught, I found out it was a Fire-Type, and that it needed a Fire Stone to evolve. So I went to Fiery Path, used Strength until I found one and used it immediately. My six-tailed beauty exploded into a nine-tailed muse, and I couldn't believe my eyes! It was one of the coolest, most majestic, and graceful looking pokémon I'd ever seen. Far from the serious nature of the Swellow, Aggron, and Swampert I had on my team at the time. Ninetales brought a certain sophistication to my team, so I thought, I wasted no time bringing it into Colosseum (remember, you could do that?). It was in a Net Ball, and together we ascended Mt. Battle and claimed victory. While Kanto Ninetales has since lost some of its luster thanks to Ninetales-Alola (that 9 points to Speed), the original will always be in my heart. And the set above, used in Doubles with a Chlorophyll Exeggutor, will likely not be reitred anything soon. Also, Shiny Ninetales. That's all.

[Image: latest?cb=20140512045954]

Other Kanto Pokémon I adore are:

Charizard Persian Wartortle

In the past, I've mentioned many Kanto pokémon that I adore, Kangaskhan, Jolteon, Lapras, Raichu, Cloyster, and more. So here, I'm going with a mix of obvious favorites, and more unexpected picks. If you're one of those people that hates Charizard because it's popular, well then...fight me! I love Charizard, I always have and I'm sure I always will. I actually like that it got two Mega Evolutions in Gen 6, because it satisfied both groups of Charizard fans. The ones that always wanted it to be a Dragon-Type (me), and the ones that wanted it to be good in competitive for once (everyone else). It also has one of the best Shinies in Gen 1. I don't care if you think Charizard is overrated, to me, them's fightin' words!

Persian is a pick that wouldn't have been on this list had I made it pre-Gen 6. If any of you remember the Battle Chateau, money making was very easy there since you fought a lot of Rich Boys and other trainers. As such, I figured I'd capitalize on that with a mon that could generate even more money, that being a Persian with Pay Day. So, I bred a 5 IVs, Jolly Persian with Technician and gave it Toxic, Fake Out, Pay Day, and Bite. Once I leveled him to 100, hardly anything could stand up to him. The more I grew attached to Persian, the more I wanted to use him. So, I used him in the Battle Maison, and he didn't do all that bad. Not the greatest, obviously, he's only got a 440 stat total, but his Speed and Fake Out support made him a good team member. I eventually named him Tomi Lottery, and I still have him resting in my PC. I can safely say as a result that if I wanted any pokémon in real life, it'd be Tomi.

And lastly, Wartortle is here instead of Blastoise because of the adventures I had with it in my FanFiction career. I mentioned in my Our Teams from Kanto post that my OC's starter was a Squirtle, which stayed a Wartortle for the majority of his journey. Writing about Blake's (his name was Blake) adventures with Wartortle over so many chapters really made me love Wartortle, in a way that I rarely ever love a pre-evolved pokémon. By the end of the story (the Kanto National Championships), when Wartortle did finally evolve into Blastoise, I felt kind of sad. Like Blastoise was a different character than the Wartortle I'd been writing. Of course, that didn't change my feelings on the subject. And in the future, if I ever go back to that series, I'd love to featured a Wartortle as a character again.

Honorable mentions go to:

[Image: icon-jolteon.png] [Image: icon-arcanine.png] [Image: icon-raichu.png] [Image: icon-lapras.png] [Image: icon-blastoise.png] [Image: icon-kangaskhan.png] [Image: icon-aerodactyl.png] [Image: icon-cloyster.png]

I've mentioned all of these pokémon in other posts, some of which I've already linked. Links to all the other mentions of these pokémon will be down below my endcard if you'd care to check them out. In the meantime however, I think I'm going to wrap it up here. This post feels like it has a more words in it than usual, but what can I say? I think Gen 1 makes us all feel a little nostalgic. Well, except for all those Johtokers, ugh. They ruin everyone's day...

Be sure to let me know what YOUR favorite Kanto pokémon are in the thread below, and I'll see about responding to as many as I can. I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for stopping by and listening to my ramblings. You guys seem to love it after all!

Thanks for much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

Jolteon: 
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-VGC-Jolteon-Bolts-Into-Action-with-0kamii
Arcanine: http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-VGC-First-turn-Arcanine-at-4-with-0kamii
Raichu: http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-DISCUSSION-0kamii-s-Top-5-Favorite-Electric-Mouse-Pokémon
Aerodactyl: http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-DISCUSSION-All-Our-Favorite-Fossil-Pokemon
Cloyster: http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-DISCUSS...ith-0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for today's "All Our Favorite" post, I feel like tagging: @The_Flaine, @Dova, @Thisisanicename99, and new user @GENGHIS KHAN. Your QOTD is:

What is your favorite Kanto pokémon, and why?

As always keep it rated G, we never know who's reading. Looking forward to all the replies! Have a great one, y'all!

- 0kamii

[Image: 133Eevee.png] My favorite pokemon of all time is Eevee. One could say I'm a bit obsessed with it because I'm currently hunting for my 5th shiny Eevee (hunting them so i can have entire shiny tree), drawing a ghost Eeveelution for art, and have a bunch of Eevee/Eeveelution plushes. As for why its my favorite, where do I even begin? I like how Eevee is pretty much the friendship pokemon. Its also adorable and looks similar to a fox, which is my favorite animal. Honestly it looks somewhat plain, but the contrast between its dull coloring (which I like anyway) and that it can evolve into 8 different pokemon currently makes it more interesting. Its a pokemon that doesn't even have to try to stand out, it just does. My friends and I consider it the second mascot pokemon of the series, right behind Pikachu. I've had a few of my favorite battles, both online and with just friends, using Eevee.

One of the weirdest movesets that worked
Eevee @ Eviolite  
Ability: Adaptability  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Rest  
- Snore  
- Hyper Voice  
- Trump Card

Also if there was another response notification that's not accounted for, that 'twas me. The message sent before I was done.
I think mine is pretty obvious...

Icon-vaporeon

It has a great design, it's good in competitive, and it was the first eeveelution I had in a pokemon game so I've definitely grown a fondness for it.
My favorite is Gengar. Been playing since gen 1 and still my favorite.
(Feb 27, 2018, 10:52 AM)0kamii Wrote: Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for today's "All Our Favorite" post, I feel like tagging: @The_Flaine, @Dova, @Thisisanicename99, and new user @GENGHIS KHAN. Your QOTD is:

What is your favorite Kanto pokémon, and why?

As always keep it rated G, we never know who's reading. Looking forward to all the replies! Have a great one, y'all!

- 0kamii

Alright, here we go. So my favorite Kanto-mon is Geodude. I guess I don t really have a reason for it but Ive used it on almost every playthrough of a game with it in it. Pidgeot, however, has a better story to it and is #2. So one of the most enjoyable play through of a Pokemon game Ive had is my second or third run of OR. In it I had an awesome team that consisted of a shiny Pidgeot, a Metagross, a Gardevoir, a Swampert, a Luxaray and I beleive a Lucario but that one could be wrong. Anyway I loved everyone of those pokemon but mega Pidgeot was the best. It wrecked Sydney at the elite four, held its own against everything it was put up against and didnt faint till Stevens mega Metagross got a crit on it, stupid Metagross.Because of that PT and all of the times Ive used it in gen one and two VC its became one of my favorite Pokemon ever.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
[Image: 079Slowpoke.png]
Slowpoke obviously, he's just my spirit-pokemon  Big Grin

Other than Slowpoke,
The whole Gengar evolution line. Such simple but iconic design. 
[Image: 092Gastly.png][Image: 093Haunter.png][Image: 094Gengar.png]
Especially Haunter, I have some great memories playing with him trough the storyline of Pokemon Silver. (I couldn't evolve him to Gengar cause I had nobody to trade with)
#LillieDefenseSquad
@Vinnie 

What was it like the first time you evolved your Haunter? Was it bittersweet? Or more like a fond farewell?

- 0kamii

I was so happy to finally have a Gengar Big Grin But Haunter will always have a special place in my heart Heart  I might play through the next Pokemon game with a Haunter in my team again. Just for fun and nostalgia!
#LillieDefenseSquad