Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Craziest shiny catch!!
(Apr 29, 2016, 11:37 AM)yuzuki Wrote: Lol, my most unexpected shiny was a shiny shelder. I was breeding some pokemon for completing my living dex and needed another shelder to evolve him into cloyster. I had a 5V one with Skill link and good nature so I decided to breed like 5 of them or so just in case someone wants one too. Third one of those happened to be 5V shiny with Skill link and I was so excited because never before have I managed to actually breed a shiny! (even though I bred lots of boxes of ponytas, charmanders and aipoms.)
Also, the other time I was going back from university playing on my 3ds and I decided to go for a few encounters in the safari zone as I had like 15 minutes in the tram. Few minutes later I encountered a shiny Charmeleon! And also a modest one with perfect special attack and speed (no, I didn't use trace). Just when I wanted a shiny charizard y. I know it's not good though but still... I almost jumped on my seat, passerby people must have thought I was an idiot!
Ya lucky bastard xDD
That is so cool, my reactoin was like the same with charmander lol
I had never gotten a shiny in any game before Alpha Sapphire, actually! I remember my first one, around the time when I discovered the PSS. I was on a Mirage Island, simply catching Pokémon to Wonder-Trade. I wasn't paying attention, really, more so focused on something else I presume to be the television. Anyways, I glanced down, and I noticed that, as the 3DS battle screen panned around, a yellowish color edged the screen. I was pretty alarmed, because I hadn't seen the shiny Kricketune appear, more so about ten seconds afterwards. I couldn't tell, for the most part, but incoherently squawked afterwards.
Your number one flying-type trainer!
(Apr 29, 2016, 01:12 PM)TheLastStaravia Wrote: I had never gotten a shiny in any game before Alpha Sapphire, actually! I remember my first one, around the time when I discovered the PSS. I was on a Mirage Island, simply catching Pokémon to Wonder-Trade. I wasn't paying attention, really, more so focused on something else I presume to be the television. Anyways, I glanced down, and I noticed that, as the 3DS battle screen panned around, a yellowish color edged the screen. I was pretty alarmed, because I hadn't seen the shiny Kricketune appear, more so about ten seconds afterwards. I couldn't tell, for the most part, but incoherently squawked afterwards.
Haha lovely! happened to me when I hunted for aron shiny, I was just cassually watching YT and my horde was mid done so I was about to run when I saw the red eyes, I was so freaking happy! (btw that was my first horde shiny and the first shiny in Alpha saphire!)
Btw I love that feeling when it pops up, I love the unpredictebility!
I was chain fishing...
...by accident.
low and behold, shiny Luvdisc in only ~20 catches

also, this
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
When I was little, the first shiny that I had ever caught in Pokemon Diamond was a Shiny Diglett. I was super ecstatic and enraptured when I first saw it, as I continued to test out the pokeradar's true potential. Later in my Pokemon Emerald, I suddenly came across a shiny Golbat as my shiny random encounter in the Seafloor Chamber (or cavern idk). It was really epic for me lol
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
I was breeding phantumps to get a battle ready trevenant with harvest but they all kept getting natural cure. So I give it a rest for a day, and when I start back up again, and on the seventh egg, not only did this child have harvest, he was shiny, and it was even crazier because I had been pining for a shiny trevenant that very week. His name is Aspen vwv
I got a shiny Octilerry in 21 chain fishes. My first ever shiny I just stood there with my mouth wide open like wha
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
I actually don't remember much of my first few shiny Pokemon, or at least how I caught them. I remember having a shiny Crobat back in Pokemon Crystal, I think I caught a couple of them in Pokemon Silver as well besides Gyarados.

But recently I've had a lot of shiny luck, but a bit misplaced lol :D I lost count to how many Mawiles I hatched with masuda method and ended up giving up. I got one of my perfect IV Mawiles and went horde training: Shiny Zigzagoon... After that, I experimented Radar Chaining in Pokemon Y, looking for a Riolu, no such luck, but got a shiny Dunsparce and a shiny Psyduck on first encounters after I broke my previous Riolu chains. Same story with Shelmet/Haunter, I went looking for either of those, ended up getting both shiny Quagsire and Goomy.

And the most recent was minutes ago. I finally decided today that I should make my kinda-competitive Exploud. Went looking for the HA Whismur, got it, bred a few eggs and uptraded the Whismur on the Day Care everytime I got one with better IVs, then settled for a Modest 5 IV (except Attack). Evolved it, EV trained it, nice, it's almost ready, just missing Boomburst since it only learns it at lvl 80 something. Great, went to get my Tynamo to start its EV training as well, while I watched a random movie on the TV, and about 2 or 3 hordes in the train, found a shiny Whismur. Too bad it's a Rash one, but maybe I can do something with it. At least it will be great to battle amongst friends :D
not a catch but this really blew my mind, once i was doing matsuda for shiny swinub and after like 200 eggs and one imperfect shiny i got 2 shinys within 3 eggs, 5ivs HAs and everything, made me feel pretty luck...... now ive popped like 1200+ eggs to get my ****ing zubat!
[Image: tumblr_m8r80ev9751r5yidjo1_500.png]

First evah shiny is a tentacool. It's named Surume, used it in one of the tournaments although it had poor IVs when it evolved. I've trained it well and he did good at the tournament. We lost of course.

Most hype probably was my three month in the making shiny charmander, named Sabo: Dragon's Claw. I had 5 other shiny charmanders before him, I was aiming for a competitive one. I researched ways of doing it: Masuda method, tried it for a month, hatched 2 shinies wrong IVs; Masuda + Shiny charm, completed the dex in couple of weeks (through the help of my brother, GTS, wonder trade, and this community "shout out to terrorkid), hatched 2 more shinies still wrong IVs; Finally learned about Time machine Masuda + Charm, and in a few days I finally hatched my hunted charmander.

[Image: 003_shiny_by_cartoonist-d75kk0z.png]
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?