Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Dead threads on the site
Just wanting to make a wee post about something I had noticed recently.

I have been seeing a lot that there are threads on the site that are clearly inactive that get bumped up by people making accounts and posting (particularly on giveaways) that haven't been active for years. This then has a domino effect on other people seeing it in the recent posts and thinking its live.
I'm still pretty new to the site so was just wanting some clarification on whether there are moderators that are able to take down these clearly dead threads?
Another obvious solution is that those who are active on the site still could be more dilligent in taking down threads that they no longer intend to use, for example if a For Trade thread has been resolved the thread could be taken down by the OP deleting the first post. There is nothing worse than thinking you are going to be able to assist someone or gain something from a thread to be dissapointed

Thoughts from the community?
#NoRaTiX4MoD

That is all.
I tend to give away free shinies.
We need to have threads closed, if they are older especially in certain areas, like giveaways and trades. I also noticed another issue, is that there are a lot of guys that link to Thejustinflynn.tv and they don't work they give me the file not found error.
I totally agree with you! It would be interestiong to hear if there is moderators for this site.

The creating accounts to post asking if it's still open 2 years after the comment before is a bit dumb too. Not sure how hard it would be but a program or piece of coding that would allow people to set a lifespan on their threads could be pretty good.
@Dassah Thanks for the comment! I believe that Justin is a moderator on this site who was actively involved with youtube and twitch until very recently. He has unfortunately taken time off from being as involved due to medical reasons he is currently working through.
(Jun 22, 2016, 01:34 PM)PrinceeZuko Wrote: Just wanting to make a wee post about something I had noticed recently.

I have been seeing a lot that there are threads on the site that are clearly inactive that get bumped up by people making accounts and posting (particularly on giveaways) that haven't been active for years. This then has a domino effect on other people seeing it in the recent posts and thinking its live.
I'm still pretty new to the site so was just wanting some clarification on whether there are moderators that are able to take down these clearly dead threads?
Another obvious solution is that those who are active on the site still could be more dilligent in taking down threads that they no longer intend to use, for example if a For Trade thread has been resolved the thread could be taken down by the OP deleting the first post. There is nothing worse than thinking you are going to be able to assist someone or gain something from a thread to be dissapointed

Thoughts from the community?

I'm with you on this.
@Agro, @naitre , @ChaseInfinity, @Eckley @Rogue.

Just wondering if the Moderators would be able to bring any light to this conversation. Would be great to hear from one of you when you get the chance.
Thanks for bringing this up @PrinceeZuko (And anyone else that's brought it up in the past). I'm sure we can be a bit more dilligent about closing threads in the future.

Sometimes I don't want someone to miss out on something, but I'll get better at judging it.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Jun 22, 2016, 01:40 PM)Dassah Wrote: We need to have threads closed, if they are older especially in certain areas, like giveaways and trades. I also noticed another issue, is that there are a lot of guys that link to Thejustinflynn.tv and they don't work they give me the file not found error.

I don't think anyone should be linking to thejustinflynn.tv anymore. That site hasn't been active in over a year. Must be really old posts.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Hey Justin!

Thanks for the response man, hope your keeping well.
I think it is something that isn't to obtrusive on the whole. I have noticed that a lot more recent posts are now saying either in the description or the thread title that they are closed but I don't know how well that stops people who have came to this site through a google search or made an account for a particular giveaway that was in the past.