Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Do you want help filling your pokedex?
I have 4 main questions I wanted to ask as I finish my livingdex.

1) Would you be interested in a service that allowed you to fill a pokedex?

2) Why or why not?

3) Should it be in the trading subcategory or the giveaway subcategory?

4) Gen 6 or gen 7? Or both?

All pokemon will be 100% legitimate, not genned or hacked in
Is the first question saying we'd tell the server which mons we've collected since the new pokemon games don't have the regional dex? If that is so, personally I would not be interested because I have pokebank. However, it does seem like a useful tool.
wait no i know what you mean, just like a page like the one we have for giveaways. I feel that it would be better in the anything else because the people helping donate mons would have a harder time getting there. i ont usually check all the subpages, but i check the ones I personally need.
This would be mainly for those who don't have pokebank and want to finish the dex for the shiny charm. To answer your question, you would list the pokemon you need to finish your dex

Edit: yeah, but they would all be legitimate and I would trade over all of the pokemon you need, not limiting it to 5
side note; why do so many people choose to do the pokedex in gen six? I mean I know you have a gen seven game. I liked sun and moon i dont see why you'd go back to x or y (even though i liked those games)
I use gen 6 for two main reasons

1) I wanted the shiny charm in my alpha sapphire game

2) The amount of pokemon available in gen 6

Another reason could be the appeal of a true national pokedex, unlike gen 7 where you need pokebank to access all pokemon
@moo311 

This could be cool but it would be a lot of work for one person when there are people who will want large numbers of Pokémon.

Would you be planning for touch-trading mainly so you don't give out your Pokémon? I figure that would make things a whole lot simpler unless you are using your genning / cloning capabilities although it could double trade times making it more of a hassle  Undecided

As I have been typing this out I also had an idea, it could be a possibility to make a shared document on google where everyone can edit who has the link, it may not work as there may be people who decide to 'grief' the document but if by chance that it is not messed up this could potentially allow people to post what they need and anyone could message them back in the thread to trade the needed Pokémon

As for your other questions :

2) Why or why not?

It would be really helpful to speed up the process for those Pokémon that are harder to obtain such as legendaries etc only available on one version of the game or hard to get for other reasons.

Why not - it could be really difficult for just one person, you may want to consider hosting the thread but also allowing others to help each other within it as well, especially if you are doing this out of kindness. 

I would say potentially trading category if it is touch trading but it could go into giveaway if you plan on giving the Pokémon out each time through breeding or genning them.

Gen 6 would be fine for most Pokémon as long as people have Pokébank but as you said you want to help those without Pokébank as well maybe both would be more appropriate

(Apr 26, 2018, 08:56 AM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: @moo311 

This could be cool but it would be a lot of work for one person when there are people who will want large numbers of Pokémon.

Would you be planning for touch-trading mainly so you don't give out your Pokémon? I figure that would make things a whole lot simpler unless you are using your genning / cloning capabilities although it could double trade times making it more of a hassle  Undecided

As I have been typing this out I also had an idea, it could be a possibility to make a shared document on google where everyone can edit who has the link, it may not work as there may be people who decide to 'grief' the document but if by chance that it is not messed up this could potentially allow people to post what they need and anyone could message them back in the thread to trade the needed Pokémon

As for your other questions :

2) Why or why not?

It would be really helpful to speed up the process for those Pokémon that are harder to obtain such as legendaries etc only available on one version of the game or hard to get for other reasons.

Why not - it could be really difficult for just one person, you may want to consider hosting the thread but also allowing others to help each other within it as well, especially if you are doing this out of kindness. 

I would say potentially trading category if it is touch trading but it could go into giveaway if you plan on giving the Pokémon out each time through breeding or genning them.

Gen 6 would be fine for most Pokémon as long as people have Pokébank but as you said you want to help those without Pokébank as well maybe both would be more appropriate

Touch trading would definitely be the way. Also, I figured that if there were too many requests, I could work with others, like a breeding alliance for filling the pokedex. About the document, it's a good idea and I have enough hope and belief in the community to not troll the whole thing; but if it does get out of hand, I'll just get rid of it.

I totally forgot to mention this in the original post, but all pokemon are 100% legit, no hacking/genning.
@moo311 

Yes, very much so!

2) Why or why not?

I've found that it's pretty difficult to get the shiny charm in Gen 6 and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to complete it (so I guess the same logic as you).

You could probably go either way, but I'd say the trading subcategory since it'd be touch trades. Plus if it were in the giveaway subcategory, I feel that it may get a bit out of control. 

I'd say solely Gen 6; as it's much more difficult to complete the pokedex in Gen 6 than Gen 7. Personally, I'd say it's pretty reasonable to complete the Pokedex in Gen 7 w/out much help; other than GTS for few cases.
Feel free to post your favorite Pokémon FanArt here ϞϞ(๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑)∩

yes i would

2) Why or why not?

i'm a bit more of a collector rather than a battler in pokemon and always wanted to have a full dex but could never quite get in in the games. i have a bunch of the previous gens so i think i could start my own living dex minus a few of the event legendaries. i think it would be great for new players to the game and returning players who have missed previous gens so they all have a chance to use all the pokemons.

i feel it would be better off in the trade subcategory

i say both but i feel it means more for gen 6 as gen 7 doesn't technically have a national dex