Poll: What's your first impressions about the VGC 17 format?
Enjoy It
Somewhat playable
Don't like it
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Early Thoughts and Impressions About VGC17
As of right now, there's been a several VGC Regionals, MSS, PCs, local/online tours, and an Intercontinental hosted between the December/January. In addition, Season One of the Battle Spot Championship ladder has closed after hosting thousands of battles since the launch of Pokemon Sun / Moon. We already seen that via usages and performance that the Tapus, Ultras, Z-Moves, and of course strong cores / strategies will play a major role in the development of the respective metagames, especially how each different regions around the world use them. While there's still many months before Worlds, and this might be too premature of a question/survey to ask, what's your first impressions in regards to the VGC 17 format? Anyone can talk about anything regards to VGC 17 in general, comparisons to other formats, the different cores they've surfaced, how "healthy/unhealthy" it is, the teams being pivoted, or etc. Anyone is open to say what they want, provides its constructive and promotes dialogue between everyone here.
I personally love it. Anything can happen and team building is so much more important. I've only really been playing since 2014, but so far it's my favourite format.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades
Started with VGC just recently but enjoying it so far. Just not a fan of Tapu Lele, seems a bit too strong to me
#LillieDefenseSquad
Though I'm not too big on VGC, I have played a bit and I must say I've actually enjoyed it, this format is tons of fun.
I like it as well. While the Tapus and UBs are certainly prevalent, I feel like there's enough variety between the eleven of them and none of them are so overwhelmingly powerful that we won't end up with situations in previous years like the genies or the ORAS primal boxcover duo. There are already lots of different team comps, and I can't wait to see what people come up with later on.
(Jan 19, 2017, 07:59 AM)Rockycombo Wrote: I like it as well. While the Tapus and UBs are certainly prevalent, I feel like there's enough variety between the eleven of them and none of them are so overwhelmingly powerful that we won't end up with situations in previous years like the genies or the ORAS primal boxcover duo. There are already lots of different team comps, and I can't wait to see what people come up with later on.

yeah, it seems like everywhere you look there an answer for something. Even some surprising t-room setters.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv