Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Help w/ White and White 2 Team please
I have found my Pokemon White and White 2 and decided to play through the games again, I decided on Shivy and Oshawott for starts but.. When I think of the rest of my team, I can't think of any pokemon. If possible, could someone suggest a pokemon for me to add in my team(s) please?
In terms of in-game, usually I'd pick Snivy / Oshawatt because there are so many good fire type pokemon better than the Tepig. For a White / White 2 play through, Darumaka is extremely hyper offensive with a good ability Hustle, increasing attack at the cost of accuracy. Eventually it evolves into Darmanitan, and with sheer force it can boost literally most of its physical attacks to frightening levels, at the cost of no minimal effects happening (like 10% chance to burn from Flare Blitz). Honestly any POkemon in the desert evolve into fairly strong Pokemon like the Sandile to Krookdile (Moxie / Intimidate are great), Sigilyph, Darumaka, and Braviary (White 2 on Monday). If you have to wait to find one, Drilbur is a good Pokemon to get as it evolve into Excadrill, especially early on in white at Wellspring Cave i think its called. For Electric types, usually I go with getting Galvantula from Chargeback Cave or again looking for a Tynamo. While Tynamo takes a long time to evolve, Eelektross has a wide movepool and has "no weakness" with levitate preventing Ground-type attacks from hitting.

Black and White 2 has the second best Pokemon diversity in terms of what you can get immediately out of the total dex (I think its like 300/646?). Of course, I can't go without saying Magnemite is almost one of the best Pokemon to use in the game based on the Electric / Steel typing alone gives it favorable matchups even until the end game. Here there are more Pokemon outside of the Unova Dex like Eevee (Castelia City Park found going thru the sewers), Magby/Elekid/Growlithe in the power plant, Mandibuzz/Braviary found on certain days, Zorua, Volcarona in the relic path, and tons more. Towards the end, there are some really strong Pokemon you can get like Metang, Piloswine, Starmie, the musketeer trio, etc.

Just for keep it simple, I'd recommend that you review guides like from Marriland, Gamefaq guides, etc since they list down the pokemon available in the wild. Anyone can always go with their favorites, but be sure to give yourself type diversity so the gym challenges and the bosses aren't difficult.
I've only played White so yeah. Oshawott is your go to starter seeing as how several Pokemon outclass Emboar and Serperior. Seriously, Darumaka, Petilil, Cottonee, Simisear (yes as hard as it is to believe) among others outclass these two starters. Also Oshawott gets a wide array of moves and TMs such as Blizzard, Grass Knot, Megahorn, Hydro Pump and Scald relatively early in the game. Scraggy is really good in this game due to its typing, level up learnset, Shed Skin and bulk. Swanna is pretty good as well to give you something that flies though I wouldn't recommend it as it adds an electric weakness (if you pick Oshawott). Swoobat is pretty good as well early game but won't last long due to its piss poor damage output. Rufflet is an option but it comes around very late in the game. Stoutland is good as well with its base 100 attack stat and you get it very early in the game. Return + Crunch really makes this thing a monster plus it gets Intimidate. The elemental monkeys are actually very useful plus they can be evolved early as most of their moveset is TM reliant. Scolipede is pretty good for STAB megahorn and poison jab as well as having Rock slide and Earthquake as coverage options plus that high base speed is really useful as well. That's about it really. Every other Pokemon takes ages to evolve or are just bad options for an in-game team