Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Journal!
Ok you wont believe this! i got a shiny eevee on my FIRST try!!! i had caught a shiny kyurem before in like 100 Soft resets!
@BoneheadMarowak Nice catch!! I need to try horde hunting in more areas in ORAS :D

@TheDancingRoserade Awesome! I need to start doing more FS encounters, but I've currently been working on catching all the pokemon on route 22 with PR and using MM and SR to get some shiny starters :D

@KenPhoenixx In all honesty, shiny staryu/starmie are my two FAVORITE shiny fishing pokemon HANDS down. When I eventually start streaming on twitch (trying to save up for a capture card at the moment), I'm going to do it under the handle of "ReachBeyondTheStaryu" or RBTS :D

@Diegopj7 That's great!!! Sometimes HE is so frustrating with the waiting and hoping, but it's so rewarding to see one of the pokemon finally shiny (but heartbreaking when you accidentally faint it with a move that hits ALL pokemon like I've done before LOL)

@youngtomlin I need to recapture shiny relicanth and get a swablu, which I'll hopefully do through CF and HE respectively on XY! I actually just caught a shiny totodile by SR on HG/SS I was SO EXCITED IT'S THE FIRST STARTER SHINY I'VE EVER CAUGHT!!! I'm also MMing for a treecko on XY at the moment as well, currently 75 eggs in on that one, but it only took me 132 SR for the totodile I almost screamed when I saw it!!!!

@KenPhoenixx I tried going for the 5% huntail in X, but I eventually settled for getting clamperl and evolving it because I kept getting corsola and octillery (and kept breaking my chain, I only have so much of an attention span when it comes to CF lol)

@OGaryOak I tried SRing for a shiny turtwig in Platinum, but it's just so long of a cut scene that I move to HG/SS to see if I can get the starters there. I'm probably going to MM the others starters, it's just too much keenful eyeing when it comes to SRing for starters ;(

@TigerThornX Awesome, dude!! What method did you use to catch the eevee (or was it a random encounter?)? And congrats on the kyurem!!! I have yet to catch that legendary, hopefully I will with your amount of luck as well!!!
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
@Confide
Woah, I just saw shiny staryu/starmie!
Gonna try CF for one next time I'm on my 3ds
I hate hunter for weather pokemon as you can't keep chains even though they don't matter it really destroys my rhythm. I have only hunted for Staryu and that was that.  I got Cyndiquill after 13 eggs! but then Porygon took 1345 so you win some, you lose some.

Hunting for Bronzor now. on about 340 encounters. I love Shiny Bronzor, as I like green shinies.
@mario2750 Nice!!! Best of luck on your hunt!!!

@youngtomlin Yea, I'm currently on 140 for eggs right now for treecko, I was focusing on SRing in HG/SS and found shiny chikorita but I SR'd over it.... I was so sad, it was only 736 SRs too Sad But the hunt continues!!! I'm gonna go until I get three of each so I can evolve them and have the whole gang :D
(Nov 6, 2016, 03:29 PM)Confide Wrote: @BoneheadMarowak Nice catch!! I need to try horde hunting in more areas in ORAS :D

@TheDancingRoserade Awesome! I need to start doing more FS encounters, but I've currently been working on catching all the pokemon on route 22 with PR and using MM and SR to get some shiny starters :D

@KenPhoenixx In all honesty, shiny staryu/starmie are my two FAVORITE shiny fishing pokemon HANDS down. When I eventually start streaming on twitch (trying to save up for a capture card at the moment), I'm going to do it under the handle of "ReachBeyondTheStaryu" or RBTS :D

@Diegopj7 That's great!!! Sometimes HE is so frustrating with the waiting and hoping, but it's so rewarding to see one of the pokemon finally shiny (but heartbreaking when you accidentally faint it with a move that hits ALL pokemon like I've done before LOL)

@youngtomlin I need to recapture shiny relicanth and get a swablu, which I'll hopefully do through CF and HE respectively on XY! I actually just caught a shiny totodile by SR on HG/SS I was SO EXCITED IT'S THE FIRST STARTER SHINY I'VE EVER CAUGHT!!! I'm also MMing for a treecko on XY at the moment as well, currently 75 eggs in on that one, but it only took me 132 SR for the totodile I almost screamed when I saw it!!!!

@KenPhoenixx I tried going for the 5% huntail in X, but I eventually settled for getting clamperl and evolving it because I kept getting corsola and octillery (and kept breaking my chain, I only have so much of an attention span when it comes to CF lol)

@OGaryOak I tried SRing for a shiny turtwig in Platinum, but it's just so long of a cut scene that I move to HG/SS to see if I can get the starters there. I'm probably going to MM the others starters, it's just too much keenful eyeing when it comes to SRing for starters ;(

@TigerThornX Awesome, dude!! What method did you use to catch the eevee (or was it a random encounter?)? And congrats on the kyurem!!! I have yet to catch that legendary, hopefully I will with your amount of luck as well!!!
SR for a starter has easily been the biggest test of patience it's so rough with full odds . but it's the only method I have yet to aquire a shiny from and I will have my legit shiny mega blaziken even if it's IV's are horrendous  Cool .  congrats on the shiny totodile bro that is some seriously awesome luck !! I wish you better luck than Im having currently at 750 eggs MMING for a treecko 

may the shiny odds be ever in your favor !
Check out my Shiny Journal to share you own shiny adventures 
and see my new shiny pokemon!
Don't go there with failed shinies in X and Y, I turned off my DS after a whole day. Lost my Aimpom. I was so SAD.

Got Bronzor after about 1304 encounters, not in a chain and took a while. 

Now going for a Female Shiny Hypno which may take a while. 

Good luck to all!
sorry i didnt respond sooner! I was going to use dexnav for the eevee but i guess you can call it a random encounter. ALSO defenitly try chain fishing if you havent done so! if u have do it more. i got 3 shines in about a hour today from it! i got a shiny feebas in 37 trys evolved it into milotic. got a shiny magikarp 16 trys evolved it a gyarados also got a sharpedo in 41 trys. its definently the easiest and fastest way.
(Nov 8, 2016, 08:46 AM)OGaryOak Wrote:
(Nov 6, 2016, 03:29 PM)Confide Wrote: @BoneheadMarowak Nice catch!! I need to try horde hunting in more areas in ORAS :D

SR for a starter has easily been the biggest test of patience it's so rough with full odds . but it's the only method I have yet to aquire a shiny from and I will have my legit shiny mega blaziken even if it's IV's are horrendous  Cool .  congrats on the shiny totodile bro that is some seriously awesome luck !! I wish you better luck than Im having currently at 750 eggs MMING for a treecko 

may the shiny odds be ever in your favor !

hey can i get your shiny blaziken for a shiny gyarados + a shiny milotic? i rlly want a shiny blaziken a didnt want to soft reset for one. From, TigerThornX
@OGaryOak I've had okay luck so far in HG/SS!! Just got another totodile at 1.3k+ SR, but I must say these SRs are a LOT faster than the SRs in diamond or XY, not even gonna bother with those and just MM them LOL.

@youngtomlin Good luck with your hunt, dude!!!!

@TigerThornX I do have to do more chain fishing, especially in ORAS for that nice shiny feebas, so I can FINALLY get a shiny milotic (I've caught numerous shiny feebas before but never actually evolved one, so I'll probably do that soon to add to the journal!!!)!