Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Journal!
@OGaryOak In all honesty I'm complete garbage at pokeradar, I just got SUPER lucky with the fast music XD Normally it takes me about four tries to keep a chain going, and then once I get around 40 I break it or the music just stops and the chain breaks. Most of my pokeradar catches are from days of doing it RIP
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
(Oct 16, 2016, 12:29 PM)Confide Wrote: @OGaryOak In all honesty I'm complete garbage at pokeradar, I just got SUPER lucky with the fast music XD Normally it takes me about four tries to keep a chain going, and then once I get around 40 I break it or the music just stops and the chain breaks. Most of my pokeradar catches are from days of doing it RIP

I'm not too bad at the Pokeradar but I hate it. Dexnav is SO much better. You have to pay a Lot of attention when PR and it's too much as I like watching TV or Youtube when I hunt.

Suicune is my hunt at the moment. On 500 SR's!
@youngtomlin I've only done a little dexnaving so far, but I don't like it as much as pokeradar. I've been told that chains DO matter and shiny odds go up the higher your chain is, but I've also been told dexnav has a fixed shiny rate (same as FS odds I believe), and that chains DON'T matter :/ I'll start getting into dexnav soon after I get shiny latios, currently back on 1224SRs. Good luck on suicune though dude, took me 2.8k+ SR to get mine QQ
(Oct 17, 2016, 11:12 AM)youngtomlin Wrote:
(Oct 16, 2016, 12:29 PM)Confide Wrote: @OGaryOak In all honesty I'm complete garbage at pokeradar, I just got SUPER lucky with the fast music XD Normally it takes me about four tries to keep a chain going, and then once I get around 40 I break it or the music just stops and the chain breaks. Most of my pokeradar catches are from days of doing it RIP

I'm not too bad at the Pokeradar but I hate it. Dexnav is SO much better. You have to pay a Lot of attention when PR and it's too much as I like watching TV or Youtube when I hunt.

Suicune is my hunt at the moment. On 500 SR's!

Ive had such mixed success when it comes to dex nax shiny Porygon at 115 and still waiting on that beautiful yellow luxio at 953 which is alot IMHO I find Pokeradar to be alot of fun very engaging dex nav is fairly easly to do in backround like FS or Horde hunting i also find pokeradar to be very rewarding when you get that 40 +chain that shiny patch of grass just feels sooooo earned
Check out my Shiny Journal to share you own shiny adventures 
and see my new shiny pokemon!
(Oct 17, 2016, 11:44 AM)Confide Wrote: @youngtomlin I've only done a little dexnaving so far, but I don't like it as much as pokeradar. I've been told that chains DO matter and shiny odds go up the higher your chain is, but I've also been told dexnav has a fixed shiny rate (same as FS odds I believe), and that chains DON'T matter :/ I'll start getting into dexnav soon after I get shiny latios, currently back on 1224SRs. Good luck on suicune though dude, took me 2.8k+ SR to get mine QQ

No, chains DONT mattered. That's confirmed.
i got 1 legit shiny ( my brother got me like 10 hacked ones) it was a shiny poucheyana I got it musuda method I was freacking out I hatched like 75 eggs before that
(Oct 18, 2016, 10:03 AM)youngtomlin Wrote:
(Oct 17, 2016, 11:44 AM)Confide Wrote: @youngtomlin I've only done a little dexnaving so far, but I don't like it as much as pokeradar. I've been told that chains DO matter and shiny odds go up the higher your chain is, but I've also been told dexnav has a fixed shiny rate (same as FS odds I believe), and that chains DON'T matter :/ I'll start getting into dexnav soon after I get shiny latios, currently back on 1224SRs. Good luck on suicune though dude, took me 2.8k+ SR to get mine QQ

No, chains DONT mattered. That's confirmed.

I believe they were referring to Pokeradar (Pokemon X Pokmon Y)  which does have increased shiny rate for each chain gain i believe correct me if im wrong 

Side note: 
Just got shiny Heatran after 968 SR!!!
 (it has perfect IV's <-----WT!?!?!? no clue how i got this lucky)
@OGaryOak  Nah, I was talking about dexnav!!!

@silverswitch1234 Nice, dude!!
Personally I try to use masuda method or friend safari anytime I can since I am terrible at dex nav and poke radar, my last shiny was two back to back shiny eevees after 1153 eggs, next shiny vulpix
(Oct 19, 2016, 05:17 AM)Confide Wrote: @OGaryOak  Nah, I was talking about dexnav!!!

@silverswitch1234 Nice, dude!!

Ahhhh thanks for the clarification !

and good luck with all your shiny hunts!!