Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Do you like to shiny hunt in ORAS or XY?
Ive had this question on my mind for a while, I prefer X&Y over ORAS. I like Masuda method in XY more but i need to get use to it in ORAS, What about you?
Personally I use ORAS for shiny hunting. I like dexnav more and I really like using the battle resort for breeding.
I've found a ton more shinies in XY thanks to the Friend Safari, but both are good for Hoarde hunting. XY might be better here too due to so many repeat hordes in ORAS like Wingull and Oddish.
-sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
I personally dont like the whole concept of shiny hunting. I see it as a big waste of time. But when I'm on TwitchTv, I do enjoy watching shiny hunters. They have some of the most amazing personalities in the community.
I use XY because I like it under my Y OT lol
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
To be honest, I find shiny hunting to be waste of time because the chances of getting one are slim and it kills battery life over and over. Still, I must say I prefer doing it in XY simply because breeding in that game is faster plus Friend Safari shinies are very frequent. ORAS disappointed me because I hit a chain of 400+ Vulpix on Mt. Pyre and still didn't get a shiny
I don't like shiny hunting so much, because after a period of time it becomes boring. But, when I go for shiny hunting, I prefer XY than ORAS. I don't know if it is just my idea, but I think ORAS aren't the best games for this. I really struggle to get shiny pokemon in these games.
Personally, the only shiny pokemon I ever get are from breeding or just encountered randomly, but always in ORAS. It does seem odd, now that I think about it. Huh
honestly ORAS is less anoying but still boring xD
I perfer the masuda method for ORAS only.. only because the battle frontier loop is sooo convienant. Nothing will beat radar chaining though. Then again, I've never actually successfully found my own shiny yet, so who am I to talk?!
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4